A couple of cool tools...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

While working on a couple of wiring projects for other people, I was ordering a bunch of zip ties, split loom, clamps, etc. I came across these and ordered a bag. What a cool idea! I'd never seen anything like this before. They're /4" square, with two sided tape on the back. There are two sets of slots, so it's easy to"clock" the direction the zip tie is oriented. If I knew who invented this, I'd call him up and invite him out for a beverage.

And the second sanity-saver is my trusty old General Hardware Manufacturing ratcheting shorty screwdriver. I've had this tool for decades, and every now and then it is the only thing that works. When a regular shorty screwdriver is too long to fit in a tight space, this is the cure.

attachment.php

You guys may have already been aware of these tools, but I wanted to share their existence just in case you weren't.

Attachments

• zip tie anchor 2.jpg
    zip tie anchor 2.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 89
  • ratchet shorty screwdriver.jpg
    ratchet shorty screwdriver.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 86
I worked as an Electronic Tech for 40 years. We call those squares sticky pads. You can also use the holes in the pad to screw them down if the tape dosen't hold. Very handy. We sell them at Lowe's. Jim

While working on a couple of wiring projects for other people, I was ordering a bunch of zip ties, split loom, clamps, etc. I came across these and ordered a bag. What a cool idea! I'd never seen anything like this before. They're /4" square, with two sided tape on the back. There are two sets of slots, so it's easy to"clock" the direction the zip tie is oriented. If I knew who invented this, I'd call him up and invite him out for a beverage.

And the second sanity-saver is my trusty old General Hardware Manufacturing ratcheting shorty screwdriver. I've had this tool for decades, and every now and then it is the only thing that works. When a regular shorty screwdriver is too long to fit in a tight space, this is the cure.

attachment.php

You guys may have already been aware of these tools, but I wanted to share their existence just in case you weren't.

Mine is slotted. Don't know how old but it's crafsman made in USA. can't remember not having it

Attachments

• 20190130_191936.jpg
    20190130_191936.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 11

Latest posts

Back