Epa non sense

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lowbudget50

Creators of all things awesome
Has anyone else been trying to get anymore info of have any interest in the EPA non sense that they have done to the diesel community???

The gas automotive industry is not far behind.

Here is a shop owner on a pod cast. Who has asked questions and tried to clarify some of the nonsense the EPA has told us we have to follow

https://youtu.be/IJ-6rNs6eZA

I figured this was coming sooner or later. Just like the "Catalytic converter test pipes" that were being sold in the late 70's-early 80's to put in place of cat cons, the deletes were never legal, no matter what kind of disclaimer was put on them when you bought them. They just didn't start enforcing this until it became a large enough industry. Eventually I expect them to come after us hobbyists that put a late model motor in an earlier car, they will make us put all the smog crap on them that pertains to that year engine. We'll have to build cars like that ICON company does, use everything off the new car and put it on the old one, evap systems, cat cons, etc. Typical Govt overreach. Unelected bureaucrats that can't be put out of office making rules and laws for the rest of us peons. Enjoy what you got while you can, for I fear it won't be much longer before we're forced to give up our fossil fuel powered rides for crappy battery operated junk.

The problem is the bill they just passed isnt saying just deletes are illegal, its any tampering with the engine. Timing, air flow, fuel rates. They are even saying if a pumper changes the air flow over the rad or intercooler it can change the particulates comimg out the tail pipe. That makes it illegal.

They will be coming after the gas guys next. I got an email from the see Magueyes the other today that was talking about it and then wanted all of us to get ahold of our local legislators. Which I did and mine pretty much said they didn't care they were going to do with the EPA wanted

Most of the law enforcement folks I have talked with over the years like hot rods and old cars. Got pulled over in my 56 Bug last year. Nice conversation with the officer. We have to tamper just to keep em run'n.

We need to build them safe and be good stewards, and get young folk involved for new advocates. :)

Most of the law enforcement folks I have talked with over the years like hot rods and old cars. Got pulled over in my 56 Bug last year. Nice conversation with the officer. We have to tamper just to keep em run'n.

We need to build them safe and be good stewards, and get young folk involved for new advocates. :)

Agreed. Thats why I am willimg to fight the for this diesel stuff. If I left my 93 all stock it would be useless. It gets better millage now and has over double the power. Makes no sense to me

A couple years ago I bought a 2012 6.7 PSD Ford F450 4x4 Cab and Chassis that had been a Metro Denver Ambulance. (the ambulance body was removed). It had been de-smogged and a Banks tuner installed legally by the city of Arvada, CO.
Apparently, there's a loop hole making it legal to de-smog if it's a government agency doing it. Or so I was told by the guy who worked for the city shop /garage that services the city vehicles. He also told me some crazy big number the city saved on fuel the first year they de-smogged and tuned all their ambulances. Anyway, I put a 14 foot box on it and put it to work. I love that truck! It's got something like 1120 foot pounds of torque and gets between 13 and 18 mpg depending on the selected tune and how hard you push it. Bamamav is correct! "Typical Govt overreach. Unelected bureaucrats that can't be put out of office making rules and laws for the rest of us peons." The EPA has been a DEEP STATE out of control BS agency for years. They ought to spend some time in China. After all they are kind of responsible for that mess. Rant over:)

Banks is one of the only companies that has EPA compliance stuff. And this law that I am talking about is brand-new it went into effect like 2 weeks ago I believe.

Latest posts

Back