A little header building...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
this is a set of headers I am building for a guys Daytona coupe.
daytona.jpg

merging the 2 side pipse into one
daytona4.jpg

adding merge collectors
daytona3.jpg

adding all the pipes to make them all equal length primaries.
daytona2.jpg

here is the drivers side ready to be finish welded and sent out to be coated. They are made from 304 stainless. The guy wants them ceramic coated for heat reduction.
daytona5.jpg

Thanks! It was a job to fit all of that into the space provided. 30" equal length primaries, merge collectors and he wanted the V band clamp inside the body![S[;)

and here is the match to the first. Off to the coaters tomorrow am. If you are wondering on the different tube placement for each side it is due to how the cylinders fire and in what order. Also I think they lost some asthetics but that was due to getting all of the primaries the same length. And Tirediron was right, the owner is tickled with the new units. [cl
daytona8.jpg

daytona10.jpg

Some neat work there, in that tight space. I'm not sure if I like the twin side pipe design, but it might grow on me. Looks different, interesting.

I'm lazy, just bought mine from Speedway, but then mines an RPU with no room restrictions. :D

So these primaries go 4-2-1 in the collector? If that's the case can we see a shot looking into the collector??? Please???

actually they are 4 -1 - 2. it is a normal header to the V band clamp. Then it spilts from 1 - 2 on the side pipe just because the owner wanted to keep it looking more original looking on the outside.

and here is the finished product. Ceramic coated. Owner was extremely happy AND he loved the sound as he banged 3 gears up the road to 6500RPM!
daytona11.jpg

here is on of the other header projects I am doing. It is a 70 C10 with a blown 408 LS3. 2" primary headers into 3.5" exhaust with electric cutouts.

70c10exhaust3.jpg

70c10exhaust2.jpg

70c10exhaust1.jpg

headers2.jpg

headers1.jpg

Man, that's some pretty welding! [;) Wish I could lay a bead like that! Mine always end up lumpy and the grinder is my best friend!:D

Nice!

Outstanding work all around. You should be proud as well as your customer should be very pleased. Steve

Last edited:
Those are some nice looking headers, may i ask what kind of machine you were using to weld? Also i have built some headers for the shop i work for included a couple of pics.

DSCN2310.jpg

DSCN2317.jpg

DSCN2356.jpg

Nice looking set there ratrod85! I will use either my Lincoln TIG 350 (If I am not having an argument with it!) or my snap-on M250 MIG with 316L wire. Or just mild steel wire if they are not a SS set. [;)

Latest posts

Back