Need some artists design ideas!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a wild hair today and wanted to make some progress on this thing.
I sanded all the wood down. It had been pretty weathered with alot of grey wood. I decided to keep all the natural grey. I figured that the grey would help keep the stain deep and dark. I dont really like light oak stains so dark it is.
I also sanded down the sides and primed and painted satin black.

I got the rod welded into the frame with my arc welder using rod suitable for welding mild steel to cast iron. Worked pretty well.

Tomorrow, i plan on getting the rest of the back together.
I think its going to go black for now till i figure a better option. Black is simple.

I had the rod and back frame sitting outside for a while, now it matches the rat rod :) oops.
photo-591.jpg

photo-799.jpg

photo-2196.jpg

photo-634.jpg

Three coats in. another light sand and another coat to go.
photo-666.jpg

photo-1607.jpg

Thats it for tonight. Hopefully tomorrow this thing will be all together and ready for my butt to occupy :)

Here we go. Got impatient last night and painted it up. I didnt do anything with the wheels or windows, but i think it looks fine just like it is. I think its done, cept having to sand down the runs. I was running out of paint, and i was tired, and impatient.
Oh well.

photo-1654.jpg

Latest posts

Back