latest bonehead metal project

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mctank2.jpg

No, it is for me. A friend of mine will have a booth at Sturgis this year and has invited me to tag along, with my wares. I figured I needed some bike stuff.

I picked up the tank at a yard sale last year with the thought of doing something like this. Today was the day, one mans trash.....

Your metal sculptures are truely unique and impressive. The hair is an excellent addition to the tank art. Why you aren't famous by now, I can't understand.

Why you aren't famous by now, I can't understand.

First off who says I am not famous? maybe you guys just have not been around. :D

Thanks for the kind words guys. I guess I have just been busy making other things, I am semi famous in the furniture and design world. But it is hard to catch a break. I have a lot of artist friends who have great talent, but to get noticed it seems you have to have some luck as well. But I am making a good living and doing what I want. So fame would be secondary. I am a happy guy.

Your metal sculptures are truely unique and impressive. The hair is an excellent addition to the tank art. Why you aren't famous by now, I can't understand.

U gots ta b kiddin'!!! The Bonehead is a legend & doze r da facts!!!

Bonehead, no slight of your fame was intended. Living under a rock in the frozen wastelands of Minnesota, I guess I wasn't aware of your worldwide noteriety! What you said is so true, for every musician or artist that achieves fame and widespread recognition, there are dozens just as good or better that are relatively unknown. The difference is as you say, catching a break. From what I've seen on RRR, you have created for yourself a darn fine playground doing a large variety of creative works. Me? I worked in a shampoo factory for 32 years.

You got me thinking about this. I have built bridges, truck beds, oil rigs, and farm implements. Was I wasting talent? I don't think so. Everything I have done to this point has taken me to where I am now. I made a good living, and put food on the table for a lot of years. The last 15 years or so I have been building custom metal furniture, light fixtures, and art work. Now that I have started building skulls, and hot rod parts, I could ask again, if I wasted my talents on my furniture. Again, it is what has taken me here.
Every time I have changed direction in my life and gone down a new road, I say to myself, I could have been doing this all along, when the truth is, life is a progressive thing.

Okay here is new one. I went to a sale and picked up a bunch of bowling balls. The guy on the unicycle is just balanced there. We had a big wind storm and it stood there okay.
Balancingman.jpg

A great combination of arcs and angles. Ahhh....talent. One question though, how to you ship it to a customer?

They are all bowling balls, so red was my best choice. have you seen those bowling balls with skulls inside? Couldn't find one of those, but it would have been my first choice.

Latest posts

Back