Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Old 05-04-2020, 03:41 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

You took the words right out of my mouth Snopro - the gall that some people have at car shows is inexcusable.

Looking good Don, thanks for keeping us so well updated!
Old 05-04-2020, 07:35 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Glad to finally be making some progress !

I've told this story before. Years ago I drove my 27 to work quite a bit and it sat in the parking lot all day long. One day I came out after work and there was a German couple sitting in my car and another person was taking their picture. I asked them what the **** they thought they were doing, and they smiled and said they thought it was there so tourists could take pictures of themselves !

That I kinda understand, but how car people, at a show, can just assume they can touch anyone's car without asking is what I find hard to understand. People you gotta love em because you can't kill em !
Old 05-17-2020, 01:25 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

This week we made really good progress. Dan finished up the welding and fabrication work on the driver's door, and I started priming, body filling, and more priming and block sanding on it.

It actually came out pretty straight for the first priming, so I will let these coats shrink up and cure for a while and then apply some more primer and block sand it some more before final paint.

Today Dan got the passenger's side door done, so this week I will start body work on it. We put in a couple of really late nights, but this is major progress.

Here are a couple of pictures from tonight.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0660.jpg (54.3 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0661.jpg (59.6 KB, 24 views)
Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 AM
Still crazy after all these years!

Looking good Don. I know how you and your son operate. It's gonna be good.
Old 05-17-2020, 10:23 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by donsrods View Post
Glad to finally be making some progress !

I've told this story before. Years ago I drove my 27 to work quite a bit and it sat in the parking lot all day long. One day I came out after work and there was a German couple sitting in my car and another person was taking their picture. I asked them what the **** they thought they were doing, and they smiled and said they thought it was there so tourists could take pictures of themselves !

That I kinda understand, but how car people, at a show, can just assume they can touch anyone's car without asking is what I find hard to understand. People you gotta love em because you can't kill em !
I don't get some people. Years ago I came out of the bar to find some Bozo sitting on my new motor cycle. I had to explain to him that it wasn't ok to try my bike on for size. He wouldn't like me doing it with his car or his wife. He kind of understood what I meant. A couple of years ago just after buying my new truck I came out of Dunkin Doughnuts and there was a guy with his back on my front fender and a foot on the bumper . He came close to being spoken to by hand after denying it and telling me it was no big deal.
Old 05-17-2020, 01:01 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny c View Post
I don't get some people. Years ago I came out of the bar to find some Bozo sitting on my new motor cycle. I had to explain to him that it wasn't ok to try my bike on for size. He wouldn't like me doing it with his car or his wife. He kind of understood what I meant. A couple of years ago just after buying my new truck I came out of Dunkin Doughnuts and there was a guy with his back on my front fender and a foot on the bumper . He came close to being spoken to by hand after denying it and telling me it was no big deal.
"Social Distancing" has been around a lot longer then we thought.
Back then we just called it "Good manners."
Good progress on the RPU, Don.

Torchie
Old 05-23-2020, 07:31 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Thanks, guys.

Over the past couple of weekends, Dan has been working on the second door and also on the windshield posts. He added some width to the post bases to make them line up better with the dash, and he built the entire inner structure for that second door.

Now I can free him up and will take over and do the priming, filling, and block sanding to get this second door ready for paint. This is just about the last major work needing welding and fabrication, the rest is just bodywork.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0718.jpg (57.5 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0720.jpg (60.6 KB, 12 views)
Old 05-23-2020, 07:35 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Torchie
Old 05-23-2020, 09:44 AM
Rocket Surgeon

1937 Chevy Coupe
1938 Chevy Sedan

Photo Posting and Resizing
Old 05-23-2020, 06:49 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

That tank is mighty pretty !