Finally drove it

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

440Clark

I threw this one out once,but it wasn't done at the time. I've had it to a couple of cruise nights since then but it has yet to go down the dragstrip.

Attachments

• 161.jpg
    161.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 157.jpg
    157.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 46
Thank you gentlemen. Friday it's supposed to snow. Looks like Saturday night will be my last chance at Milan Dragway. It's supposed to be 38-40 degrees but no rain. If it hooks it should run a decent number.

Attachments

• 169.jpg
    169.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 185.jpg
    185.jpg
    196.3 KB · Views: 7
I was only able to make one pass, 11:37 at 115. I think I let off before the last mph light as I was actually a little nervous. First time down the track in anything "fast" in like 10 years. It's probably capable of the 11 teens with tuning. That pass was with the oval air cleaner and mufflers no spray.

Yeah, I believe the MPH lights are 66' before the finish line. 1.55 60 ft. back in the day, with the same basic combo, it would usually 1.45 with a best of 1.42 if I recall. Saturday I foot braked it to like 3000 & just nailed it. No wheelie, but it felt like it straight up hooked.

My buddies 5 spd. '68 Camaro with a dyno'd 600 horse small block went 11:80 @ 118 off the trailer, spinning wildly. Second pass we put some M/T Drag radials and he twisted the axle tubes loose fron the diff housing. Rotated it 90 degrees. Tore up the floorpan good. Car was super cherry, even the floorpan.

My starter hung up on the ring gear on the converter. That starter has been a problem since I put it in the car.

Still, like they say, "a bad day at the track is better than a good day at work"!

Latest posts

Back