'69 Z28 Chevy 302 Resto

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for posting those pictures. I was 15, my cousin was 18 and road me in his (identicle) Camaro. I can still feel that SLAM against the seat with every change of that gearbox![dr yeehah!

Sweet ride, now take it out and work it![ddd[cl

Very nice resto. My buddy Groucho had a shop called Camaro Street in the '80's. He use to resto Z28's. He took in a BBC '68 Camaro to resto. It took him a day to strip the car and remove the clip. The next day he sent the body out for body work and paint. The next day, a customer came in looking for a '68 Camaro. Groucho said he had one but it was in the body shop. The guy plunks down a $1K deposit and saids, call when it's done. 3 weeks later, the car is done. It's perfect, so he calls the guys to say it's done. Groucho takes the car outside to wash it. Backs it into the shop to dry it off and his foot slips off the brake. He backs into the shop wall. The guy shows up and loves the car,,,,until he looks at the rear. He saids, "What happened?". Groucho explains but saids the car will be ready the next day. The guy pays for the car and saids he'll come back tomorrow. Groucho pulls the bumper and spoiler and sends them out to be fixed. He replaced the taillight assembly with one he had in stock. 24 hours later, the car is done.

Grerat Job!!!! Looks like it rolled off the production line yesterday!! I'm glad someone has the patience to perform that kind of work!! LOL

Again the car looks awesome!!!!

Really caught my eye one this one. I used drag race a 69 Z in the late 70's into the early 90's. Loved that car. Didnt have the original engine but had a 355 in it. Best time was an 11.73.
Great job, Really nice car!!!

Great job on the Z. Beautiful car. Brings back many memories. A friend of my brother has a '68 that ruled the streets until somebody bought a new '70 340 T/A Six Pack Challenger. I think the guy parked the Z and it's still sitting in his garage. I can still hear that 302 screaming down Main Street.

All in the stroke- Your not F.O.S.

How did you make a 302 out of a 350 block last 3 being 010 . I had a set of 302 pistons and I got told I was full of it. I know they where made I do not know what block I was to look for.

302 is a 4.00" bore and 3.00" stroke, the 350 is also 4.00" bore but has a 3.48" stroke. That block is correct. The 3970010 4 bolt main HIGH NICKEL block is very sought after. I had some saved from my race shop, they sold very fast on C/L here in south Florida.

Not correct block.

:cool:I don"t want to down the nice build but that block is not a true 302 DZ Here are the numbers 1968 302-4-bolt main 3956618 also same block 69 327-2 bolt main and 69 350 2&4 bolt main. the 3970010 4-bolt block is 69thru 79 passenger car trucks and some vettes block. Check the no.s before posting .[P

Latest posts

Back