Got offer'd a trade today...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hillbilly4008

Well the rat didnt sell on da'bay this past week. Instead i received an offer for a trade. The guy has a '71 Duster, claims its real nice. He also says that it has a 383 with a blower.

Any MOPAR guys know what this thing is worth?

I'll post pics as soon as i get some.

Hummm... a blower!?!? Never had a car with one but always wanted one. Bet it was fun with $4 gas though. Some people around here just have 'um layin' around their garage!!! :eek::eek::eek: Love to see some pictures when u get 'um!

BoB

I don't think Dusters ever had a big price tag on them unfortunately. But it sure sounds cool to have one, especially with a blower on it!:rolleyes: I guess it all depends on how you feel. Sure would be a different ride though.:D Good luck with whatever you decide. Keep us posted.....CR

What condition is the Duster in? They're kind of like Mopar Novas. Never really thought of as a muscle car. They do make geat street/race cars because of their light weight and with a blown 383 that would be a screamer! Even in perfect condition not over $15-20K as compared to a Challenger $30K to a couple $million.

The guy offered me a trade of either a '70 Nova drag car, or the '71 blown 383 Duster.

I've been a GM guy all my life, but i am NOT a fan of the Nova. I do like the Chevy II though.

I figure the Duster would be cool. So i wrote back to him for more info and some pictures. Im still waiting for a response.

it really matters what year it is, a 70 or 71 is far more valuable than the later years. I am surprised though what people are paying for what I would a real POS. Remember the 383 never came in an "A" body except for the cuda. So I would ask what kit he used and the suspension upgrades. Also what is the rear, if it is not anything but a 8 3/4, dana or ford 9 I would stay away.

What area of Pa. (Wind Gap) There is a real nice one running around. The guys Name is Tim S. If that the one it a real nice one.

Here are the pics. That has got to be the best looking Nova that i've ever seen! The Duster has a 671 blower.

I dont know how these pics will download, i took them from my email

Attachments

• 100_1335.jpg
    100_1335.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 105
  • 100_1340.jpg
    100_1340.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 88
  • 100_1359.jpg
    100_1359.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 100_1363.jpg
    100_1363.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 102
  • 100_1355.jpg
    100_1355.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 124
Those are some very nice rides but i think the Duster is the way to go.what are you trading?Good luck either way you choose.

i finally got the guy on the phone today. the car has the 727 tranny, which im told was made to handle the Hemi. He thinks the car has 3.73s but isnt sure. The car still has the original interior, the driver seat is needs a new skin. The car was from down south, SC or KY area. He has a shop install the 383, so hopefully is wasnt butchered.

When it came time to talk to him about business he wanted me to throw in a couple grand ontop of my truck. I said no, straight up trade or nothing at all. Remember i was trying to sell my truck, not buy a car. Now he wants to know if i'll do an even trade if he takes the blower off and puts a 4bbl on it. If he did that i would have a big azz hole in the center of the hood.

I told him if he puts the 4bbl back on AND replaces the hood then i would do it.

I dont know what it is with me and muscle car people. First the '63 Impala fell through, now this guy seems to have flaked out too. Thats it, No more ebay selling for me!

Oh well - but without the blower poking out of the hood, it would have been just a Duster. I think you would have had a hard time passing that one on when you got bored of it (without the blower that it is).

I love trading and do a lot of it...but I know how you feel it's always a pain, I always tell em up front..that I'm trading straight up, no cash and nothing taken off or put on my car or it's not a deal

good luck with your rat, hope you find a buyer or a good trader

Man I don't know what it is with dealing but I have no luck. I have no trouble buying but when it comes to selling I lose my shirt. I had a nice 75 Chevy dually with 454, headers, decent paint, couldn't sell it because gas was $4 at the time.:( So I trade it for a boat that I had to have.[S Boat was a piece of crap that I never used. Finally unloaded it for $100. [cl

Latest posts

Back