Dodge Polara 500 1964

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike_O

I don`t know is my Polara "muscle car" but if it depents of the engine i think it is... [ddev

Here is few pics of..

Attachments

• polara.jpg
    polara.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 78
  • polara3.jpg
    polara3.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 76
  • polara2.jpg
    polara2.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 67
For me that's about as "muscle" as you can get !! Post some more pics please, I love Mopars!!!!!...CR[cl

As the resident Moparholic, :D I gotta ask for the backstory on this Polara. Did you buy it here? or is it Tagged as an American Export Car? I know it must be heck locating parts over there. . . .
[P [P

Fender tag is missing and i have to say, i don`t know exact import year but car was here 1972 with orginal metallic green paint.

Here is pics from late 70`s when the paint is pink and car is in American car show in Tikkurila icehall .Result was peoples choice no 1.
Year later Polara was in Sweden Hot Rod Show and result was peoples choice no 2. [cl

Yes, from Finland is almost impossiple found body parts. I am looking for windshield upper trim and rear window lower trim ..if someone own that kinda parts ,i m willing to buy !

Attachments

• polara.jpg
    polara.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 24
  • polara2.jpg
    polara2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 22
:D Holy Mudflaps!!!! And is there a sheep in the trunk? :D:D

Lemme look around, I might be able to stir something up.

LOL :D sheep is death and only skin is there.. I don`t have anymore other pic from 70`s . But i buy new set of door panels ,seat covers and head liner from Legendary Interiors and i will post more pics as they are in..
Also i buy Stealth (Source 440) heads and pair of Edelbrock 600 cfm carb to engine so i also hunting more power to engine this winter :)

Mike, you know much about troubleshooting these engines? I am having an issue with my 383 and can't seem to find the issue. Torn apart top and bottom and can't find the noise.... Ever heard of the oil pump causing a rod knock sound?

I had I cracked flywheel once, sounded like a rod knock. Rod knocks kinda go away as you rev it up & apply load, as you let off the knock is more distinct. What else can you tell us about it? How's the oil pressure? Mileage?

Top and bottom end look good from the checks we did. The Flywheel was in good shape. Timing was out anywhere from 30-60 degrees. Put a new timing chain and gear set and did not fix the problem. I believe 3,6, and 7 plugs had bent tips but nothing happend to the plugs when new ones were put in and noise still present. Seemed to slightly lower the noise with new plugs though and with timing adjustment. Oil pressure was anywhere from 40 psi to 20psi at an idle. The engine would stumble and take me reving to keep it alive. The noise didn't seem to go away with the rev or really get much worse. Did notice that the oil sump was touching/rubbing the base of the pan as there were scuff marks on the bottom of the pan and the pan appears to be slightly dented. Oil was pretty darn thin when we drained. We are at the point that I am probably going to put it all back together, put some 20w50 in, and see what it does. I was just kind of wondering about that pump though. I didn't think it would sound much like a rod knock but who knows.

Oh and Mike, the car looks fantastic.

Hi towb3, do you already solve the problem? I don`t have a much experience of that kinda troubles but..
How much is backlash valves to pistons and pistons to heads?
Do you check rod bearings and piston pins?
what else you can check...[S camshaft bearings and oilpump axle condition :D Let us know..

Mike, you know much about troubleshooting these engines? I am having an issue with my 383 and can't seem to find the issue. Torn apart top and bottom and can't find the noise.... Ever heard of the oil pump causing a rod knock sound?

Latest posts

Back