1971 Pontiac T37

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
t37

im no expert but when i was a kid a guy down the street had the 455 and the car was a gt 37. is that correct?

Hey thanks for the comments everyone learned a few things :)
I'm glad to see people who appreciate what a car like this means to a 25 year old kid, it may never get fully restored but it'll always be a part of my story.

Why a 305? You're right it's not a very powerful motor but it was the right price the right time and well throw the 2 speed powerglide behind it and it feels good.

Let's face facts, feeling good is all that's important.

Time will tell what will happen with this car but I do know one thing, I'll continue to enjoy the hell out of it.

Still hoping for a big block pontiac under the tree come Christmas time in the next I dunno 40 years

Great attitude. Thanks for being a 'car guy" and not a video game junkie... Or whatever else "youngsters" are into these days.

You Prairie Province guys are soooo lucky when it comes to old machinery... I have two aunts who live out there (Okotoks and High River) and they're always telling me about old stuff "just laying around" and cheap, too.:cool:

Don't let these guys bully you. Run that puppy and enjoy it!:D Maybe one day (if it's important to you) you can upgrade the engine as money comes in.

I love those turbines and fat tires, too.:cool:

Rock on, brother.

Regards,
Shea:)

Cool car..I had a 70 GTO with a chevy 350 in it..partly just to see the pain in my pontiac buddies faces..:D:D One of my pontiac buddies still has his copper colored T37 "high school" car tucked away in his shop..

Canadian

Just so you "Pontiac Purists" can stop having a cow, most Canadian Pontiacs came through with Canadian-built Chevy engines, instead of GM paying taxes to import Pontiac engines from the US. So this Canadian T-37 came factory equipped with a Chevy small block. The 305 is a direct replacement.

Have fun Karbon!

440shorty

Latest posts

Back