The boys first car

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daman

One week ago today we found this El Camino. 66,000 miles This car is totally unmolested except the hole they cut in the dash to fit a CD player. He's the third owner and the previous owner only had it for the last 2 years. Gutless 305. The guy had started buying a lot of small parts so he has a bunch of new little stuff to put on it

Here it is with the MIL posing. She had to have her pic taken [S First place he drove it was Grammas
ElCamino.jpg

completely stock down to the smog pump. It's been really cold out so we don't know if the AC works LMAO
image-14.jpg

image-15.jpg

The bed, until it's cleaned up real good doesn't even look like any scratches in it
image-16.jpg

The hub caps are color matched to the body and there was only 3. I think they are really neat. no pic but will get some.

Today we're doing a major tune up on it

it suck how much I like those and have never owned one. Congrats to this young man, most sweet ride!!

Nice ride for a first timer! I have never owned a Camino, but have liked them all....maybe on my bucketlist![S. :DCR

A nice set of wheels and some tunes and he'll have the bull by the horns[cl Should make a great first car..

Those are sweet! I've always liked that body style of Elky, but never money and possibilities in the same place at the same time.

Both "significant others" I've shared my life with hate 'em!:( My wife once said to me "It doesn't know what it is...Is it a car, or is it a truck?! WTF?!"

Guess it must be a guy thing, cuz that's exactly what I love about 'em!!:D

Your boy's gonna have fun. Good score!:cool:

Regards,
Shea:)

nice score! I've had 2 of those years elkos. Lots you can do with them. [cl

Nice Score...... you're a great Dad.....

Can't find clean El Caminos around here.... rust buckets or restored for big bucks.... was looking for one for my Oldest grandson but... couldn't find a fixer upper... Hope the boy appreciates it.... have fun doing the dad son thing..... [cl

He's been stealing parts from me [S

Taken about a week ago
elcamino-1.jpg

We found a block for him and it's torn down. The rear end is gonna be coming out for something a bit beefier. I don't know how many of them 10 bolts me and friends went through before we wised up LOL

Cool car![dr
I always wanted an el camino.It will be wild all fixed up.The 305 is a good little engine.I had one in a 27 roadster and abused it like crazy.It never gave a minutes trouble.Great Project.

Nice elky, I've had about 3 of them including a 60 ..here's my pics .. I regret selling both of them but the 60 really stings I know is in Finland now.
0Chevy001.jpg

0Chevy007.jpg

literally truck loads of potential [cl - lucky guy.

BTW - photo of MIL? mine doesn't show up in pictures or in the mirror...

Our parts have a tendency to disappear when sons and grandsons get there first rides.
This 69 Dodge and the wheels n tires were mine till the youngest grand son turned thirteen.:confused: :rolleyes: ;)
The Camino's a great first ride, congrats to your boy.[cl

Attachments

• IMG00025.jpg
    IMG00025.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 15
A little update
the new engine went in
1elcamino1newengine.jpg

He is learning a lot because for some odd reason something happens to this thing every other friday
1elcamino1tuning.jpg

We found a 12 bolt
1elcamino112bolt.jpg

Next was the tranny th350
1elcamino1tranny.jpg

His Gramma spoiled him and had it painted and he threw some new wheels on it
1elcamino1.jpg

This photo made me proud. I received it at work. He broke his first driveshaft. His Mom was mad as all get out. I teared up a bit.
1elcamino1driveshaft.jpg

Latest posts

Back