'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I missed something :eek:
I just noticed the tread plate on the running boards :cool:

Looking ahead I don't want to scuff the running boards when and if I ever get it painted.

When you get it all in primer Pops it will really look different. Can't wait to see some shiny paint on it!

I'm looking forward to getting it all the same color even if it is primer. Me either on the paint.

Hot rod flatz?

It will be as shiney as I can make it with my limited knowledge and funds allow. Certainly not a $10k paint job for sure.

Looking good. Being a dodge guy myself I've been following your build for awhile now. It just keeps getting better as you go.
Always inspiring. [cl

Life ain't easy....

It's been really hectic for the last 3 weeks so haven't been working on the truck much. My grandson kept getting worse and started having seizures that no doctor could figure out. They ended up sending him to Denver Children's Hospital via ambulance after a really scary seizure. He spent 8 days and had every test known to mankind up there. Finally a infectious disease Doc found some kind of infection, that I won't even try to pronounce or spell, that was attacking his brain stem. They put him on IV antibiotics and anti-seizure meds for 3 days and so far he hasn't had any more dizziness or seizures. Pretty scarey stuff for all concerned. We just keep praying and hoping.

Then I decided I'd better get a new roof on the house while I was still able to.
The metal roof was 35 yrs old and was getting rusty and ratty looking with a couple of small leaks. Thank goodness my kids helped us out. Those 22' sheets are kinda tuff. We got that finished just in time for the rain.. We've had 3.4 inches of rain in the past 5 days. If this roof lasts another 35 yrs it will be someone else's problem.

I did manage to get my hood situation done. Just need to get some quarter turn fasteners for the corners to finish it up. I used angle to make a hook on the lower pieces front and rear to hang the top on and kept the spring loaded
latches for the bottom. Looks almost stock with the sides on.

Attachments

• IMG_4328.jpg
    IMG_4328.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4329.jpg
    IMG_4329.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_4331.jpg
    IMG_4331.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_4332.jpg
    IMG_4332.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4333.jpg
    IMG_4333.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3934.jpg
    IMG_3934.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 32
???????

Don't know how the pic of the Cumbre-Toltec steam engine got in there.
We went thru Chama , NM coming home from Denver. Its pretty cool too so I'll just leave it.

Thoughts and prayers going for the grandboy! Nothing harder than going to the doctor in the first place and then them having a hard time finding anything wrong.
Slick looking work on the hood sides Pop! They look great!
I'm with you on the tin roof. I put one on 25 years ago when I built this log house thinking it would probably be somebody else's problem next time...

Wow, glad they found something to help. You forgot to add making a glove box for me in all the busy-ness. Hope things slow down for you and the boy gets well soon.

Hope the grandson gets better quickly! Holy crap that would be a scary situation... I don;t even want to think about it...

On a much less important note, you have a great looking truck, I still think that those years for dodge were the best looking trucks that were built in that era!

The hood modification is really neat. I wish I would have thought of that for my Plymouth pickup.

So happy that your grandson is better.

Good to hear things have turned around for the grandson!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The hood brackets will allow you to run topless, sideless or both [cl :cool:

Thanks for the thoughts. Casey is still having seizure issues but not quite as bad as last week. Still hoping and praying. It's really hard for everyone concerned especially to see him scared to death after one.

After all that's going on I had to do something different so I went to sanding, beating, filling and masking for some primer. I don't really know what I'm doing but I'm making a heck of a mess of the shop.

Attachments

• IMG_4345.jpg
    IMG_4345.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4346.jpg
    IMG_4346.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_4347.jpg
    IMG_4347.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4348.jpg
    IMG_4348.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 29
I really like the hood idea. That is just cool. I know the feeling on the body work end of things so don't get in a hurry is all I was told ....and that still don't help. LOL.
Glad to hear the grandson is doing better. we will keep praying.

sorry to hear about your grandson.. prayers for you and your family...

Dont you think those new side windows will be hard to see out of? :eek:

POPS.
You know that all of us here are sending you and your family all the Good Vibes that we can.:)
Ditto on the metal roof. Put one on our house about 3 years ago. If there is ever a problem it will be the wife's next husband that has to deal with it.:eek: :D
What are you using for primer?. I used Epoxy primer for the first time on my truck but just to keep all that bare metal from rusting while I get my crap together. I'm going to scuff that and start laying down the high build stuff next. Then block,block,block.......
Torchie

POPS.
You know that all of us here are sending you and your family all the Good Vibes that we can.:)
Ditto on the metal roof. Put one on our house about 3 years ago. If there is ever a problem it will be the wife's next husband that has to deal with it.:eek: :D
What are you using for primer?. I used Epoxy primer for the first time on my truck but just to keep all that bare metal from rusting while I get my crap together. I'm going to scuff that and start laying down the high build stuff next. Then block,block,block.......
Torchie

Ditto on Casey.

That's pretty much what I have done - strip the paint and rust, shoot it with epoxy; then filler where needed and high build primer. I'm using Evercoat Super Build 4 to 1. I had some issues with it laying down smoothly, but I have that resolved now.

I think a big problem with part of body work is the not knowing what I'm doing issue. I keep thinking there must be a better, faster way. I have Paint and Bodywork Handbook by Eddie Paul. To paraphrase him: "There is no perfect paint job. The sooner you realize that, the more fun you'll have and the better the paint will come out."

Last edited:
grandson

It is with reluctance I write this. Please accept as thoughts for potential help. not meant to offend anyone anyway.

I have seen several tv shows where medical marijuana in oil or extract form help a small child. One went from 70 seizures to less than 10 a day. The family went to Colorado to get it. Showed making of oils.

Thanks guys. Life is not easy at times.

sorry to hear about your grandson.. prayers for you and your family...

Dont you think those new side windows will be hard to see out of? :eek:

Yeah they are kinda hard to see thru. Maybe next month I'll put some glass in.

I really like the hood idea. That is just cool. I know the feeling on the body work end of things so don't get in a hurry is all I was told ....and that still don't help. LOL.
Glad to hear the grandson is doing better. we will keep praying.

One step at a time is all my feeble mind can handle. Luckily it's not rocket science. I just keep doing it over and over till it looks good to me.

POPS.
Torchie

I'm using NAPA Crossfire. It goes on easy and dries with a semi gloss so when you're blocking it it's easy to see the low spots. Plus it is a high build product.
I also like the semi-gloss since I'm going to drive it in the primer stage until this winter then I plan on painting it. Then again it may be winter before I get it ready.

Ditto on Casey.

That's pretty much what I have done - strip the paint and rust, shoot it with epoxy; then filler where needed and high build primer. I'm using Evercoat 4 to 1. I had some issues with it laying down smoothly, but I have that resolved now.

I think a big problem with part of body work is the not knowing what I'm doing issue. I keep thinking there must be a better, faster way. I have Paint and Bodywork Handbook by Eddie Paul. To paraphrase him: "There is no perfect paint job. The sooner you realize that, the more fun you'll have and the better the paint will come out."

I've got a bad habit of doing something till I get bored then I loose interest.
Problem is I'm almost there and not even close to having it done.

It is with reluctance I write this. Please accept as thoughts for potential help. not meant to offend anyone anyway.

I have seen several tv shows where medical marijuana in oil or extract form help a small child. One went from 70 seizures to less than 10 a day. The family went to Colorado to get it. Showed making of oils.

No offense taken. I have heard that before. Seizures are such a devastating thing and make you feel totally helpless when you can't help the kid.

Latest posts

Back