Bamamav's 1947 Lincoln Club Coupe build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes we fiddle with stuff that takes a while to get it to work. Think about the first guy that tried to make one and figure it didn't take you as long...[cl:D

I've been slacking on updates!:rolleyes:
Have been getting a little work done here and there. Got plug wires on, wires extended to distributor and alternator, got the moulded hose from water pump to heater tubing on, still need a piece of copper to run back to firewall. Decided to use my mechanical underdash gauges for a while, had to use the big hole up front by the thermostat housing for the water temp sending unit, so I'm going to have to get a brass 90* that will fit the smaller hole in the water jacket crossover at the rear of the motor. That way a short 90* moulded hose will go direct to the heater core. Oil line is too short, so going to get a copper line kit for it.
Let's see, I got the yoke changed on the driveshaft and it put in. About all I like underneath is the trans cooler and lines, and the power steering lines. Up top, I still need a new coil and to make a new hard gas line from carb to fender. Still gotta replace that fan and get a belt, too. Mo money, a little mo time, and we might get ths old girl back on the road before winter.

Nothing much going on right now, my attention is focused on the new carport. I did get some AN lines and fittings gave to me for the trans cooler and PS lines. I ordered some more fittings off of eBay that should be here by next weekend, then I have a couple of more to order after that. Got it in my head how to run the heater lines, need some hose and a fitting or two. Little stuff, but important little stuff.

Well, carport has been on hold, but finally a Lincoln progress report! After a morning filled with grass cutting and working on the daily drivers, I finally got around a wee bit of work on the Lincoln. Got my other braided line finished and mounted my trans cooler underneath. Not much progress, but any beats none! Finally got that last shop bill paid off, so I'm going to be able to get some parts that have been holding me up I hope. Here's a look at the braided lines on trans cooler and power steering box to pump.

20190519_111730 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
DSCF1139 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
20190519_111542 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
20190519_111622 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
20190519_111606 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

First class all the way with those braided lines. Good looking installation.

Thanks guys. I had already bought the cooler to use rubber lines when I was gifted the braided lines. I still had to use a small section of rubber right at the cooler, should be good for a long time.

Carport is usable now, so I piddled with the car a bit yesterday. Hooked up my mechanical oil pressure gauge for now, wanted to make sure I had a working gauge to see how the engine does, will probably hook up the electric one I put in dash later.

Painted my fan and installed it. White looked out of place, so I went with basic black. Still gotta get a belt.
Getting closer, not much left to buy before I can fire it off, but with the new shop bill on the truck, funds will again be limited for a while. One step forward, two steps back it seems...

DSCF1252 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr
DSCF1251 by Bobby Atkins, on Flickr

Latest posts

Back