1952 Chevy COE ramp truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fixed... Kinda eh

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 84
Me and the iPad are not getting along tonight

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 65
No worries Corpo, me and (insert Iproduct here) don't get along either. My wife says swearing makes the unit unresponsive! Lol

I really like the look of the COE cabs when they are chopped but in the interest of actually getting to use the rig I am trying to forgo a bunch of modifications.

Anyone need a good running mild 350 SBC and a SM465 4 speed trans?

This is what is left of a C30 wrecker I parted out. I'm into the chassis -$200 now and will use the suspension and rear in the COE

Here are the frame rails from my 50 GMC build that came from California. The idea is to use them on the rear of the wrecker frame for the COE. I would like to air ride the entire truck. A friend has a wild hair across his arse and is playing with tractor trailer stuff. He says he has some TT unit air bags I can use for the rear suspension...

Piece of cake...lol.

Hey jfg....I have been MIA lately but I caught up on your COE. Yours looks to be in about the same condition mine was when I got it. Not really too bad...I'm sure we have both fixed worse! Good luck with your chassis swap. Easiest thing I've ever done. Mine is almost ready for the road....so get to work...lol.

Lynn

That's a cool beasty. [cl I know it's typical of COE's but it's still kinda funny seeing an engine under the floor. :D The shifter linkage is a nifty piece.

I love the "Ingenuity" of the manufacturers back then!

Sure glad you got those chains around the rear tires. Safety first! ;)

It is a slippery slope I've started down![cl

I like that old school pin stripping on the wheels

Well with only 1 seat and pin stripping it has to be a hot rod!:D

Hey jfg....I have been MIA lately but I caught up on your COE. Yours looks to be in about the same condition mine was when I got it. Not really too bad...I'm sure we have both fixed worse! Good luck with your chassis swap. Easiest thing I've ever done. Mine is almost ready for the road....so get to work...lol.

Lynn

Lynn I've been following yours. nice work and glad to see you are back at it. This will of course take 7 times longer than I anticipate per the norm at my house...

Seems that John and I like swapping projects around... we just horse traded a bit. He needed a blower (like a hole in the head) I had and I needed a cab like a hole in my head.

I am thinking this cab will go on a military chassis I have along with a flat top sleeper I have from a Pete 359 I parted out.

Not sure it gets much rattier. I also have a winch and wrecker boom for the rear. :).

The Diamond T is a whole 'nother project... that cab is going on a late model Pete 386 chassis with a much bigger sleeper to tow the car shop.

Attachments

• 10999093_10205280782233846_3814866899435970413_o.jpg
    10999093_10205280782233846_3814866899435970413_o.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 55
  • 11696482_10205409060440721_3340039584421910613_o.jpg
    11696482_10205409060440721_3340039584421910613_o.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 57
I think the magnitude of projects needing attention put this one to the end of the line. I'd much rather get my chevelle moving (after a 9 year slumber) and keep plugging away on my Datsun...And Grendel has been bugging me for it...Lol[cl

I think the magnitude of projects needing attention put this one to the end of the line. I'd much rather get my chevelle moving (after a 9 year slumber) and keep plugging away on my Datsun...And Grendel has been bugging me for it...Lol[cl

Wait, what happened to the GMC?

Drinking that Not Your Father's Root Beer will be fun.

We also have to stick the RPM motor into something. I go back and forth on the Camaro.

This Chevy will stay RRR though.

Wait, what happened to the GMC?

Vehicle ADD often kicks us both in the arse. Ooh shiny happened. He got a blower for the LS style motor sitting on the floor in his shop and he's had the Chevelle forever. :) The GMC will happen, once he tears the motor out of the Chevelle ROFL.

So it helps us both to have 9 or more projects each to swap ideas around between 2-4 people. [P

I'll probably get this cab mounted onto a later model chassis, rough in an engine/trans etc and find another project in about 2-3 years, sending this back to JFG455 for another project he's tired with. I may also get into a pinch and barter it back to him for labor...

It's hilarious.

Latest posts

Back