1955 Ranch Wagon Cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. Good to know everyone hasn't died of boredom in the last few months of this project.

The grille has the look I wanted. Now I need to get the details so I'm happy with them.

I may need to make a new center trim piece. The stock Ford center trim piece doesn't look like it belongs - actually it looked like an after thought when it was new.

Grille center trim

Here's the piece I have been working on. Tried to make it from one piece of stainless, but couldn't wrap my brain around the radius at the top.

I still need to make a way to bolt it on and then sand and polish.

Attachments

• tube  grill center 1.jpg
    tube grill center 1.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 29
  • Tube gril center 2.jpg
    Tube gril center 2.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Thanks everyone.

I like that the grille is custom, but subtle. From 15' you'd have to know your cars to know it isn't stock.

IMHO, that is what a true custom is about, subtle changes from factory that make you say "WOW" when you spot them, not changes shoveled on so that the identity of the vehicle is lost. Great job DJ![cl[cl[cl[cl

Here's the grille with the headlight bezels and the upper grille trim. Didn't put the lights in because I think I'm going to need to move the passenger side up a little.

The hood to fender gaps aren't very good, but maybe if I quit looking at them, they'll quit bothering me.

Attachments

• tube grill 6.jpg
    tube grill 6.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 32
  • tube grill 7.jpg
    tube grill 7.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back