another hobby.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mentioned that our local museum was having a week-end Pioneer Days. I am the old tractor parade marshall. This doesn't mean that I get to stand at the front of a long line of tractors, looking cool, so I can wave in a manly fashion to start the parade. No, no, no. I get to start all of the cantankerous beasts up and find a suitable driver for each one. There are between thirty and forty tractors running in each parade.
Anyhow, with Mrs. Mac's help, I took two trucks to the show also, and ran them around in the parade too. This is a few pictures of the small car show there. A very nice '59 T-bird. A forty six Chev coupe, then my two trucks and you can just see part of a nice '41 Plymouth coupe.

Attachments

• IMG_0688.jpg
    IMG_0688.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0689.jpg
    IMG_0689.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 20
No progress in that field, 28.
We have been getting ready to drive across Canada starting in a few days. Hopefully, we'll make it back at the end of September. I want to see Niagra Falls, Newfoundland, the St. Lawrence River and Northern Ontario.

Thank you 28. I forgot to tell you that I hilled my potatoes with that hiller I built last year. No pictures, as it only took about two minutes to do one hundred hills. The clearance in the middle of the machine is a little too low so I was a wee bit rough on the plants. Next years problem to solve.

Building a lil tractor out of an old gas can! :D:eek:[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 19
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 15
As I've mentioned we are having a lovely fall here, so I went to a Plowday as a guest. It took me two and a half hours of driving to get there as it was held over in British Columbia. The BC Department of Highways officers always scare the dickens out of me, but I went anyway and took my 80 Cockshutt and a couple of plows. [and dodged all the scales all right]
pic one: A friend of mine driving a 420 John Deere with a two bottom Deerborn plow.
pic two: John Deere 'D' with a three bottom.
Pic three: My 80 Cockshutt with another friend driving it while I ate my lunch.

Attachments

• IMG_0761.jpg
    IMG_0761.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    IMG_0763.jpg
    179.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    IMG_0762.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 21
It was very dry, OI, usually there's no dust when you're plowing. My two bottom plow wouldn't go in very deep because of the really dry ground and small plows are so light. Today I built up the tips of the shares with the welder, making them longer and lower. Then I smoothed them out with the grinder and make sure they were 3/8" lower than they used to be.

I know that some people who have to plow to live probably don't share my views, but there is something about piloting a tractor with a purpose in mind to melt some of the problems of today away. Although I don't farm out here, I love working a tractor. Outside of clearing debris and putting logs on the mill, and moving old vehicles around out here, I've been maintaining the road into here for over 30 years and I have to say, it's strangely satisfying! Love the pix Mac!

I know that some people who have to plow to live probably don't share my views, but there is something about piloting a tractor with a purpose in mind to melt some of the problems of today away. Although I don't farm out here, I love working a tractor. Outside of clearing debris and putting logs on the mill, and moving old vehicles around out here, I've been maintaining the road into here for over 30 years and I have to say, it's strangely satisfying! Love the pix Mac!

Agreed! thats it... :cool:

Thanks for sharing Mac, looks like fun!

There's an antique tractor pull every year about 4.5 miles from our house. The wife and I went this year for a bit, it was fun to watch.

Latest posts

Back