'46 Lincoln Zephyr V12 flattie!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Sold my Baby Hemi & am gonna start bringing my Linc V12 flattie baqck to life. Ran when I bought it over a decade ago & it still turns over really easily so I hope I won't have much trouble getting it running again! Sold the Hemi to buy a MII clip for the Ranchero & will sell this big flattie for a AOD tranny for the Ranchero! Here's a photo of how it sits now... stay tuned!

BoB

Attachments

• LincV12.jpg
    LincV12.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 42
That’s what came from the factory in my Lincoln. Long gone by the time I got the car. Just as well, I like my little 302 better anyway.

Got it in the spot! Moved it to the spot I work on my motors yesterday & cleaned it up a bit. Next I'll build a lil stand for it, change the oil & filter etc! Can't wait to hear it running gain! [cl:D

BoB

Attachments

• inplace.jpg
    inplace.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 30
I was lucky when I found a cheap rebuilt carb for the Baby Hemi but not so lucky for the V12. Bought a carb kit for the beast this morning!

BoB

After clearing out some chores I'd been neglecting around the farm, I'm back to getting my Linc V12 running again! I decided to look for a service manual & to my surprise I found one on daBay! It was only $20 bucks so i bought it! From the picture it looked the size of a Chilton's so you can imagine how I felt when it arrived, it's more like a lil pamphlet. Luckily it has some good info but the lettering is small of course & I have to squint to read some stuff. Oh well, back to work!

I built a lil stand out of 2"x6" tubular steel since this monster weighs a ton. I'll post pictures of that tomorrow!

BoB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 6
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 6
After a bunch of honey do'z I'm back on the big flattie! Have the starter wired up to a starter switch & can crank the motor over but no spark to the plugs! Onward through the fog! :eek::D:cool:

BoB

Latest posts

Back