radiator in trunk

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pablo

He talks to the tiki gods!
hello every one, i am going to mount my radiator in the back of my truck. those of you that have seen my build know that the bed of my truck is actually a 59 Ford car with a trunk lid.
my question is this, what do i use to plumb the water from the front of the engine to the radiator and then back again? Aluminum tubbing? copper? steel? has any one done this, and does any one have any advise.

thanks

Pablo

There are alot of off-road race vehicles built in my area and all of em mount their radiators in the rear for protection. Most of the lower class units that I see use exhaust tubing to transfer the fluid and they appear to use stock type hoses inbetween the connections. The real deal high dollar units of course use braided lines but that wouldnt be cost effective.

Radiator

I'm wanting to do the same thing to my 46 International and have seen it done many times but my question is, im running a small block chevy and will the stock water pump be able to pump the water that far back to the bed or do i have to add an additional pump to properly get the water to and from the radiator?? any help would be greatly appreciated.

mtvettehoodup.jpg

This one has no radiator..... coolant runs through the frame, and back, water pump handled it fine.

I'm gonna put my radiator in the back on the Topolino as well. I was thinking of running it through the frame rails to and from the radiator.

Bonehead, that works well? No radiator? Thats cool.
Did you build that Vette? Thats too cool as well.
What water pump did you use? stock? Pulley driven? Electric?

Hows you're back these days?

Ok, enough with the questions.:D

Latest posts

Back