Rob in NH - 31' Chevy Ratrod/Hotrod

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BerkelUSA

FIRST POST!!!

Name's Rob in NH - That's Manchester NH to be exact..

I don't mind the word RATROD at all.. It's actually hard to DO if your one of those people who take things apart to rebuild them and make them NEW like me.. The non-Grease removal just KILLS some people.. So I traded-even.. I left the Frame RUSTY and the Engine bling's slightly (but without chrome) OK very little.. the water-neck it CHROME as is the FUEL LINE.. Oh yeah.. and of course the Cragar SS Rim's... :p

It's a 1931 Chevrolet Sedan I pulled out of the GROUND.. and there's too much to tell you here so go see my 9 year project in #46 VIDEOS via the link below and understand that it was mostly FREE if you consider that I only have around $2,300 into it.. ($1,000 is rims/tires) Only about $255 a year.. x 9 years..

Click this link then sit back and watch.. click nothing else.. all of the Video's will play for you in-order all the way up to #46.. #47 more than likely will be tomorrow night.. Been ROCKING on it lately..

PS: Sorry if I BURN-UP your next few hours..

LINK: [P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9Rj0RM1Kzo&feature=PlayList&p=AF11C2AD64DBC404&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

DAY ONE IN THE GARAGE!!!, The front rims were 1/3rd in the ground.. they aren't holding air.. they are held up by hardened rubber.. the rear fenders fell OFF.. amazed they made the trip on the Ramp Truck from where I got it.. Chevys have WOOD innards.. meaning I had plenty of Balsa Wood to start with..
1931.jpg

and 9 YEARS LATER... (actually this is an old pic now as it's mostly assembled)
1931-2.jpg

Glad to be here! - Rob in NH [;)

Last edited:
Welcome!

Rob,
Welcome to the forum... glad u found us. Nice project & would love to see some current fotos!

BoB

More pics..

Thanks You..

More pics.. Gotcha!.. Well this is what it looks like from the back when assembled.. This is about 5 years into it when I had to take it apart and put the whole thing away or risk losing it forever.. Those rear lights are aftermarket Corvette "Bubbles" I actually frenched them into the Tub out back.. - The plan is for either a Soft-Top or a removable Hard-Top.. not there yet!

HOTROD.jpg

Glad to see you found your way here Rob. I was watching this build in the past on your other page. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this one. I'm also curious about where your at with your Fiero project.

Hi and welcome. Nice project,looked in pretty good shape from the first pic,hope you get lots done so you can start cruisin!

Glad to see you found your way here Rob. I was watching this build in the past on your other page. Looking forward to seeing more progress on this one. I'm also curious about where your at with your Fiero project.

Thanks for the welcome Gents!

Roddguy 1: I still have the 6" Stretched Fiero Convertible.. and a hollowed-out Camper FULL of parts from 2 other ones.. Won't get rid of it.. I also have a little Honda Chopper in the Videos you can watch that needs a Frame made.. My RULE is no more than 3 Projects.. Small ones however don't count *(Like Dad's KILLER TILLER) -Rob

Killer Tiller:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xBm4mRFbh8&feature=channel

welcome

Welcome from Iowa. I just sold my 31 Chevy 3 window a few months ago. I wish I hadn't of done that now. Now I am looking for another old Chevy coupe. Later and good lick. Dennis

Latest posts

Back