Help getting title for 50 International in OH or tracking a serial number to owner

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thefarmboy21

I need a title for my international and Ohio apparently is really difficult to get titles without the valid title. Anyone have any suggestions?

***Also does anyone know how to trace a title to see the last valid owner or if it's stolen? I got part of a56 international parts truck with a title BUT someone bought the cab with the vin tag and went to KY....supposedly in Ky they'll issue you an abandoned title with the exact same serial# SOOO.....I'm affraid to title it and it already be titled in someone else's name somewhere else.

Can anyone in KY or OH or anywhere else shine some light on that, offer up some other help OR tell me how to run that serial number to see if it's active elsewhere.

Thanks!

Does your truck have a VIN tag? You might try a local wrecker company, often they have a much easier process to title abandoned and impound vehicles. Let them tow it, keep it the required amount of time and apply for title.

make sure it isn't stolen. once you have done that and it is clean, then if you have family or friends that live in a state like alabama get them to do a bill of sale. some states didn't have titles for years and al. didn't till 75. good luck.

title in New Brunswick

I have read the thread and realized this is something I should look into as well. I live in New Brunswick and my father who lives in Nova Scotia inherited some land along with several old, not road worthy vehicles. My future rat rod. I called the province's dept of transportation today and explained my situation and that the vehicles being without title. I was told that the executor of the will can write a note explaining the transfer in the will and my dad would be able to get a clean title. So far it sounds like a doable issue. I will let you know how it all turns out.
Also some pictures when I bring it home.
Crowman

Latest posts

Back