My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One week to go on the body... then on to paint! :eek:

BoB

Attachments

• back.jpg
    back.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 40
Well I hit a milestone today! Got most of the body work done & the car is off to paint! The painter's gonna do just a lil body work on the top to prep properly for the red metal flake paint & my buddy's gonna hinge the louvered roof panel like a big kool sunroof! About all that's left is getting the windshield glass cut, upholster the bench seat, put in some carpet, install the switches (lights, starter, wipers, & gauges) & do the wiring. After I get it back from paint I'll have 6-7 weeks until the show! Looks like I'm getting a weekend off finally... yipppeee!!! [cl[cl[cl

BoB

Besides painting the top... my buddy's also installing the louvered panels on the roof & trunk! He picked the car up yesterday at noon & he ain't fool'n around... sent this picture this morn! He said they may be finished in a week... that would be kool with me! [cl

BoB

Attachments

• trunklouvers.jpg
    trunklouvers.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 35
I’ve got that same amp in the back room, but it’s all black. I don’t play, but I got it to use as a PA at car shows. Haven’t even had time to try it out yet.

The material for my bench seat is supposed to be here Tuesday & I found a guy in Austin who says he can do it in a couple of days! I'll believe it when I see it but I'm not in that big of a hurry! Wiring is up next! :D

BoB

Louvered panels are installed & the painter mudded in the roof. He'll get the roof sanded down & prepped for the red metal flake & put a heavy primer on the rest of the body & interior! Bench seat & door panels are at the upholstery shop & will be finished next Friday... gettin' really, really close now!

BoB

Attachments

• mud.jpg
    mud.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 29

Latest posts

Back