My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Santa arrived so here's what up! Got lakester headers & a (cheap) cherry bomb muffler, cut the muffler in two pieces to use as baffles. Can't wait to git er done! :D

BoB

Attachments

• headers.jpg
    headers.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 29
  • cherry bomb.jpg
    cherry bomb.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 30
  • to size.jpg
    to size.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 28
  • insert.jpg
    insert.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 29
A friend of mine did that on his Model A with a BBC. After a bit he made a quieter exhaust because it was just too loud. I'm hoping yours works out better!

I used baffles on this motor before & learned to 'tune' them. Add a lil fiberglass, block off the end of the inner tube, add steel wool etc! Here in Texas... as long as you have any type of baffle you're good to go! Never been stopped by the Boys in Blue yet but there's always a 1st time! Also helps to know the top cop in the area! [ddd

BoB

I used baffles on this motor before & learned to 'tune' them. Add a lil fiberglass, block off the end of the inner tube, add steel wool etc! Here in Texas... as long as you have any type of baffle you're good to go! Never been stopped by the Boys in Blue yet but there's always a 1st time! Also helps to know the top cop in the area! [ddd

BoB

That's good you've had luck with it before, I hope it works out for you.

My friends wasn't deemed too loud by the cops, it was him having to wear earplugs AND ear muffs and it still being too loud going down the road that made him decide to make it better.

My friends wasn't deemed too loud by the cops, it was him having to wear earplugs AND ear muffs and it still being too loud going down the road that made him decide to make it better.

Not a problem when you can barely hear in the 1st place! [ddd:eek:

BoB

After I had a stroke I had a hearing test. The doctor said I was hard of hearing. I said, "what?" He hollered at me that I was hard of hearing. I told him it was okay, I liked it this way. Didn't mean to take your build thread off track, but I'm lonely.:cool:

After I had a stroke I had a hearing test. The doctor said I was hard of hearing. I said, "what?" He hollered at me that I was hard of hearing. I told him it was okay, I liked it this way. Didn't mean to take your build thread off track, but I'm lonely.:cool:
I'm hoping to find out soon if I like being half deaf. :D Saturday I get evaluated by the VA for hearing aids. And maybe a little disability. Until recently, hearing aid technology couldn't do anything for those of us that were damaged my jet noise.

That's awesome Tripper, I want the same thing for my coupe! Please let us know what the quality's like! [dr

Toad

Latest posts

Back