Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish, snopro.
We have even agreed on a price. :cool: LOL
The production numbers on this car are extremely low. 1330 units.:eek:
Also being a New Yorker it has the hemi.
Check out the interior. Other then the door panels the interior and headliner are in really nice shape.:cool::cool:
I even have gone so far as to find a transporter that would haul it up north to me from the Detroit area.
As a bonus. It was built in Detroit. I used to pass by the Jefferson Rd assembly plant all the time.
The guy that has it is a builder like we are. only he does newer stuff.
He came across the car and bought it so it wouldn't be scraped.
Hmmmmm....:)
Torchie

It looks great! I can hear your gears turning from here!

Nice find.[dr I hope you can find a way to own it. Maybe settle up on that boat project.

What boat project.😂
That will never happen kenny. And that wasn't the deal i made with him. No matter what the other party does i always stand by my word. Thats just the way i am. Have i gotten screwed because of it? I suppose a time or two.😳
Im working on raising the money. And for the price the seller and i talked about ( much less then the listed price) its a good deal in my eyes.
Of course people are questioning if im giving up on the Dodge. Im not.
If all i ever did with the wagon is tuck it away and just sit in it and make vroom, vroom noises it would make me smile. I could use that right now.
Torchie

Never seen one of those wagons and man it's cool! For the condition it's in (on top of extremely low limited numbers) I can see how you are finding a way to give it a new home. [cl

Let us know when the adoption papers are signed! [cl

The cool factor is there for sure.����
Ive had 5 vintage wagons in the past and the only one that comes close to this would be the 56 Olds wagon i had. Power every thing plus the great Olds OHV V-8.
Storms rolling in tomorrow but today is sunny and beautiful. Off to the leg store yo restart the new leg process. I cant be doing much PT or even stomping around in this fat mans leg. I wonder what happened to that guy.������
Keep on keeping on....
Torchie
p.s. I tend to dream a lot. Lol. I’d really like to make this wagon a reality. I know its asking a lot but if you guys have any good vibes to spare direct them that way. Lol. Thanks.

those are really really cool. There was a white `53 Hemi wagon for sale in my hometown a decade or so ago... I just couldn`t get the funds sorted. I should have sold a leg to get it... :D

Thanks guys.
My brother ( a car guy like us) is going to look at the wagon on Sunday or Monday.😎
Its about about and hour and a half drive for him.
In the mean time I'm boning up on 53 Chrysler New Yorker info.
It seems the biggest questions on these things is what trans does it have.
Fluid drive. Fluid torque. Or perhaps one of the Powerflites that came out in late 53.
The fluid drive is a full on fluid coupling trans. The fluid torque has an actual torque converter. And the Powerglite is a fully automatic 2 speed .
Supposedly it is marked on the shifter quadrant what trans is in the car but i have yet to see a picture of that. And what i can see on the wagon doesnt dhow that either .
More Chrysler engineering magic.
Torchie

Thanks all.
Bill. The health and the leg are doing good.
The wagon. Not so much. Seems like its always about money. The brother is still going to look at it in a few days. But i’m not holding my breath at this point. Miracles happen just not sure this will be one of them. Lol
Torchie

Latest posts

Back