Big Block Bantam

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O ya Bob, 500-600 HP BBC in that light car[cl[cl[cl

Wish I was out your way to hitch a ride:eek:

Keep up the good work, we are watching [P

I'd be happier if the thing had 400 hp. Enough for me.

I got Lexan (actually made by Bayer, the aspirin company) and cut the windshield, rear window and quarter windows to size. The windshield attaches with stainless steel allen button head bolts. I wanted to hide the mounting tabs so I got some Lexan window border paint from Jerry Bickel Race Cars. Great service from them. Got the puke can installed too.

Never can have to much HP :eek:

Just got to go easy on that GO Peddle :rolleyes:

Bob, Just think it's going to cost you twice as much in gas to
go have lunch with the guys. Sure makes the 27T look sweet.;)

Work on the Bantam has slowed down so all I got to show is a better pic of the windshield installation. Still on schedule to have it running early this summer.

Thanks, Gas. Nice to have you back.

One small step...
I made dovetails for the doors today. Next I'll put the latches in and make strikers and handles. I didn't get that stuff with the body so I have to make the items. there's a small indoor swap meet tomorrow so maybe I'll find some handles and won't have to make them.

I made door panels out of .032 aluminum. Terry & Lee (Tator here on RRR) put the nice beads on with their Pullmax machine. Then I rubbed them with a Scotchbrite pad. The big black door handle has to clear the roll cage and be operated with a gloved hand when racing.

I made door panels out of .032 aluminum. Terry & Lee (Tator here on RRR) put the nice beads on with their Pullmax machine. Then I rubbed them with a Scotchbrite pad. The big black door handle has to clear the roll cage and be operated with a gloved hand when racing.

Wow... I wanna do something like that for my Dodge!

BoB

Dozer, the corners could use a little hand massaging but I'm satisfied the way they are.

The seat looked pretty retarded so I made some side bolsters out of thick aluminum. Looks sorta like a Victorian airplane love seat now.

Last edited:

I was going to have the windows slide up & down using a strap instead of a regulator. I quickly figured out the windows won't go all the way down. I'm a product of the 1950's and I have to be able to have my arm out the window on the sill, not with the glass 3" up. No pack of Camels rolled in my white tee shirt sleeve however.
Made a lower sill plate and put window channel on it. Then I cut up U-shaped window channel and made an L-shape out of it. Glued that on the sides and top of the window opening. So now it's all in or all out with the door windows.
The aluminum strip at the top has weatherstrip on the glass side and tightly retains the Lexan. Remove two bolts and it's open air, arm out the window, stylin' time.

I quickly figured out the windows won't go all the way down. I'm a product of the 1950's and I have to be able to have my arm out the window on the sill, not with the glass 3" up. No pack of Camels rolled in my white tee shirt sleeve however.

I am too, when I drive my modern vehicles the windows are always up I hate the wind noise, but when I'm in the Rat the window has to be down and my elbow is on the sill. :cool:

Latest posts

Back