73 datsun 610 turbo LS1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oooooh this thing is getting sweeter by the minute i had skipped over some stuff went back and had to take a second look NICE!

Looking great! I havent checked in for a while and I see you're still moving right along with it!

If by "Moving right along with it" you mean like a one legged man running up hill in a January molasses run then YEA! I am moving right along.[cl

If by "Moving right along with it" you mean like a one legged man running up hill in a January molasses run then YEA! I am moving right along.[cl

That`s exactly what we were picturing ;) Just messing with ya, car looks good. Keep us updated!

So even though the Datsun has been moved to a back burner status I did find a couple of minutes to work on it. I needed to mount the fuel cell to fill the hole in the trunk so the car can be stored. I had to remove the fuel out fitting to mount it sooo...while I had the top fill cap off to do this I made a angled fill neck to connect to the stock fuel door / fill neck.

ResizedImage_1361742226610.jpg

ResizedImage_1361742283526.jpg

ResizedImage_1361744857461.jpg

Well it seem I got a hair across my arse and put in another full day on the Datsun. got it to the point of being able to throw some bling on it. tacked up the Y pipe to the turbo, started the down pipe, made a upper radiator cover / mount, cut out, fitted and made the upper intercooler mount and started triming the lower valance to fit around the inter cooler.

ResizedImage_1364921316961.jpg

IMG_20130402_150719_101.jpg

IMG_20130402_142916_023.jpg

Andif anyone is wondering the turbo is a Turbonetic T76 Ceramic ball bearing center, .96 A/R with a Q trim housing. The motor will be an iron block 5.3L LM4 with 6.0L (317) heads, H beam rods, forged pistons and a ZO6 cam and springs. Should be 8.5:1 compression and safely run 22 lbs of boost and 18* timing. All with Methanol injection coming on at 8psi. If all goes well it should make 625-675 HP on pump gas. [cl

Nice to see this one back in the mix.[dr If I ever build an exotic engine like yours, you are my adviser.

If I ever build an exotic engine like yours, you are my adviser.

Not a problem Bob. Glad to help if you veer off into the turbo world. Just be forewarned, the power is very addicting! Funny thing is this setup is basic and far from exotic. We made 589hp with a stock junkyard 5.3L and a brazilian (cheap but not china cheap) turbo. [cl

Not really an update but the Datsun has seen the light of day on its own wheels. (Albeit just rollers on the rear). While moving the shop around I slid it out to wash the crud off of it and to put it over on the lift so I can finish the underside work.[cl

Well it is kind of with heavy heart and a sense of defeat that the Datsun gets rolled out to the shed to slumber for a while. Mostly I need to get the 50 GMC done for our trip and needed the lift bay for cash jobs. I did pull the motor and trans out, painted the underside and inside to keep it from rusting. Ever try to push something, even as light as this is, with a spool in the rear?! rols great straight, not so much turning! Lol

Talk about a killer sleeper, this will really freak people out when it hits the road!

I think I remember an episode of Jesse Jame's OLD OLD show where they build something crazy out of an old datsun, can't remember the name, something with a Bee in the title...[S[S

That is going to be a cool ride when its driving!

Please Lord give jfg455 the time, money and motivation to finish this car. He has come so far already, and done such an incredible job. Honest I'm not being selfish for my own sick entertainment (well maybe a little) I just think he deserves to drop the hammer on this diabolical machine.

Oh yeah, Amen.

Lol! You guys are killing me! Made me look through this last page and say "Hey, that's a cool looking rig!"

Plan is to finish my 50 GMC (just got the A/C lines back so the nose can go on) and roll this into the shop around April for plumbing, wiring and last bit of fab work. Also assemble the 5.3L short block with the 3176 6.0L heads and drop the hammer so to speak. [;)

Latest posts

Back