fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
26113807_1678203672238004_2487077533760104593_n.jpg

Back in the day some dirt track guys tried that. I remember seeing a magazine artice. I also read about them reversing the rotation on a sbc dirt car to help keep the inside tire planted better.
I'd almost bet there were marine application engines that ran reverse. I know there were quite a few of the reverse rotation 427 Fords from boats. They would have been mounted dual with one engine rotating the right way.

tranny for rr motors

Willowbilly "I'd almost bet there were marine application engines that ran reverse"

the marine chevy version of the 454 also did the reverse rotation in boats, the 454 boat motor l got for the hauler project l had to make sure it was a standard rotation one, l do not know if the reverse ones work with the 7OOr4 and other chevy trans.

Later :cool:

Not to be negative or anything, but this setup definitely needs some really good air filters. Maybe even mud guards on the intake. I like the intake configuration a lot better than the exhaust, but if Cadillac could do it in the 30s, no reason not to go for it. Personally, I think snaking the exhaust over the back of the engine would look better. But that's just me. :D Its still fun.

I've seen the reverse flow V8 before in an old rod mag from the 60's or early 70's - definitely wild looking but a performance dud due to now having smaller intake valves and ports than the exhausts...Here's a pic of a Nailhead done the same way
attachment.php

Attachments

• debb5f9753f3fbb2f518be5e9838bdec--motor-engine-car-engine.jpg
    debb5f9753f3fbb2f518be5e9838bdec--motor-engine-car-engine.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 164
Yeah, I read they didn't work out that well either due to port and valve sizes but what fun it was back in the day when people were wildcatting design ideas. I saw an early Micky Thompson twin engine dragster with a flathead and a SBC IIrc. We just don't see fun stuff like that at the drags anymore.

Latest posts

Back