Just for fun

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

offroadrolls

What is it?

attachment.php

I already know.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2421.jpg
    IMG_2421.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_2420.jpg
    IMG_2420.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 181
some one that can't tie wire?

LMAO

Soltz is closest. It's the Coleman American front drive axle apparatus that allows the wheels to turn while being driven.'It's their version of a birfield, cv, or U-joint typically used on a 4 wheel drive-steer axle except, it's on the outside of the wheel bearing instead of on the inside behind the spindle. You have to take all this stuff apart just to get into what I believe is about a 2.5" x 15" drum brake. Bamamav is right too, big old, and heavy! I put it back together and rolled it back outside. I'm gonna have to psych myself up to tear into this thing just to get a part number for wheel cylinders and a set of shoes. Here's another picture with the LF leaf spring for reference.

attachment.php

And a few more

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2419.jpg
    IMG_2419.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 139
  • Coleman-Conversion-Kit.jpg
    Coleman-Conversion-Kit.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 138
  • BinderFront.jpg
    BinderFront.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 8
I'll have to think of a prize.......maybe just bragging rights.
Yes it looks like a lot of work but I'm just about ready to give it a shot.
A guy would be so screwed if the brake drum portion of that thing got screwed up. I'm sure there are some used part around for these but I've yet to find any.
Also, you have to take this entire thing apart just to lube the king pins! Now that's engineering! I'll post some picture over on my GMC Coleman 370 build post when I tear in to this POS.

Latest posts

Back