Glad to be here!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorpsykler

Hello all, I think this is the forum where I will spend my time. I just picked up a 50 Ford F-1 that I intend on hot rodding. I have a Harley Sportster that I play with and I spend alot of time on the Xlforum, an excellent forum for Sportsters and Buells. When I got the Ford, I was excited to check out what kind of Rat Rod forums were out there. I was real disappointed with the first two I found. They had some good information on them, but the flaming was out of control. Then I ran across this forum and I could tell it was different immediately. I just read the forum rules and was very happy (and not suprised) to find that this board is moderated well.
I'm new to the old iron, but not new to cars. I've been a new car dealer mechanic for 15+ years and right now the idea of a basic, no frills hot rod really appeals to me. My plan is to run a suicide front end, z the frame out back, chop the top and run a small block with a manual trans. I want to do this on the cheap. I look forward to interacting with the members to(hopefully) prevent too many mistakes and get some great ideas.

Welcome to the forum. To give you some history, this forum was spawned because some of us were also disillusioned by some of the goings on at other forums. We weren't nuts about some of the language, flaming, or crudeness we were seeing begin to creep in. Tripper was kind enough to put together this little gathering spot for people who have respect for others, regardless of the other persons views or what kind of car they have or want to build. We like them all. He also has this "death ray" thingie that he keeps handy, and he has been known to blast some offender into another galaxy when they start to misbehave. We like that about him, and fondly refer to him as "quickdraw Bob." :D:D

From the sounds of your intro, you will fit in here just fine. Shoot us some pictures when you get time. :D

Don

Welcome to RRR....
Always glad to greet new members and see what ideas they have.

Look forward to seeing what you put together.

Welcome!

Psykler,
Welcome to the forum & glad u could make it. Love to see u're truck & watch u're progress. Lots of nice helpful folks here so feel free to join rat in & ask about anything you need help with! Old tin is *good*!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back