Any Torqueflite gurus here?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

animal

My coupe has a 727 Torqueflite, and is leaking around the selector shaft. As I was looking at it, I realized the transmission doesn't have any sort of kickdown linkage or cable. Won't this cause problems with the Trans? Doesn't that linkage/cable control line pressure?

tv cable.

Ordered a lokar cable? for shame! all late model Mopar trucks aand vans came with a great factory cable setup that works better and is more adjustable. it also snaps into the aftermarket GM STYLE acccelerator cable bracket that has the TV cable provision. I got my last one for like $15 complete.

440shorty

I wish I had known that....I figured I'd need to find the old linkage, decide if it was the right one, all that hassle. Oh, well..............:eek:

Did you fix the leak on the tranny?there are 2 seals in the shifter area one around the kick down shaft and the other in the case where the sifter comes threw.some flites don't use a kick down if they have a manual valve body. but on a stock 727 no kick down will kill the tranny in short order.

Latest posts

Back