Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Builds!

Builds! Post your project here... show us what you're up to! Please Note: This section is for "Builds" ONLY!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #3141  
Old 10-27-2021, 07:58 PM
Bamamav's Avatar
Bamamav Bamamav is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Berry, Alabama
Posts: 6,067
Default

That would be awkward to me. Would be more natural on the right . But Mopar put the pushbutton shifters on that side, too, so I guess it's normal.

About like the Renault my pa in law had, the turn signal switch was the right stalk, the left was the wiper. Every time I drove it, I was constantly turning the wipers on when I turned!
__________________
1947 Lincoln Zephyr Coupe
1982 Corvette Collectors Edition

If it don't shine, I don't want it on mine!
Reply With Quote
  #3142  
Old 10-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Torchie's Avatar
Torchie Torchie is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 8,101
Default

I think it will be good, Bama.
I drove RHD cars Many times and they all had sticks. I learned to shift left handed quite quickly.
The Mopar seemed to have the shift handle/buttons all over the place.
You are correct about most of the push button shifters being on that side. Although at the last some of them were on the RH side too..... who knows?
Quirky things, these Mopars.
Torchie
Reply With Quote
  #3143  
Old 10-28-2021, 12:47 AM
dutch dutch is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 3,083
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamamav View Post

About like the Renault my pa in law had, the turn signal switch was the right stalk, the left was the wiper. Every time I drove it, I was constantly turning the wipers on when I turned!
Every Renault driver should do the Bob W. thing. Drag race it in nice weather conditions only
Reply With Quote
  #3144  
Old 10-28-2021, 07:01 AM
I-R-POPS's Avatar
I-R-POPS I-R-POPS is offline
''Rusty Mopar Slacker''
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Tome, New Mexico
Posts: 4,271
Default

You can't go wrong when it looks so right.
Just make sure you don't mount it upside done and really get confused.
Looking good Torchie stay after it.
Reply With Quote
  #3145  
Old 10-28-2021, 12:15 PM
Neto Neto is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Holmes Co, Ohio
Posts: 444
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torchie View Post
I think it will be good, Bama.
I drove RHD cars Many times and they all had sticks. I learned to shift left handed quite quickly.
The Mopar seemed to have the shift handle/buttons all over the place.
You are correct about most of the push button shifters being on that side. Although at the last some of them were on the RH side too..... who knows?
Quirky things, these Mopars.
Torchie
Had my right arm in a sling for awhile once while we lived in Brazil - LHD car with floor shift. Hold the wheel with my knee, reach across & shift w/ the left hand.
Reply With Quote
  #3146  
Old 10-28-2021, 03:11 PM
Torchie's Avatar
Torchie Torchie is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neto View Post
Had my right arm in a sling for awhile once while we lived in Brazil - LHD car with floor shift. Hold the wheel with my knee, reach across & shift w/ the left hand.
Lol. As my Dr told me when they cut off my leg. ď You will figure out a way to drive. People always do.Ē
You and I proved him right. Neto.😎😎😎
Torchie
Reply With Quote
  #3147  
Old 10-30-2021, 05:38 PM
Torchie's Avatar
Torchie Torchie is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 8,101
Default

Got the PS upper hinge off the donor. It's better but not there yet. I'm going to have to but some hinge pins and press them in.
Put the custom up on dollies too.
Getting time to be able to park the daily in the shop again.
I also pulled out the bent up 49 Plymouth rear bumper I have. I'm going to need it to cut out a piece to make one of the bumpers longer for the front end.
The pile of parts if a completely balanced rotating assembly for the "Old school"301 My friend and I are building for his 64 Chevelle.
That's it from here.
Keep on keeping on.....
Torchie
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (36.7 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 0-1.jpg (46.3 KB, 18 views)
File Type: jpg 0-5.jpg (60.0 KB, 26 views)
File Type: jpg 0-7.jpg (39.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 0-8.jpg (38.3 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg 0-11.jpg (43.8 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 0-9.jpg (50.4 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 0-10.jpg (56.1 KB, 19 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3148  
Old 10-31-2021, 10:55 AM
soltz's Avatar
soltz soltz is offline
The Rat Captain
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Bloomfield, N.M.
Posts: 6,099
Thumbs up

Looks good with all the wheels on
Your getting it done
__________________
Be Safe
and
Be Creative
Reply With Quote
  #3149  
Old 10-31-2021, 11:17 AM
bob w bob w is offline
Still crazy after all these years!
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Stillwater, MN
Posts: 13,010
Default Success!

Torchie, you have achieved "The Look". Gene Winfield would give you two thumbs up. Although your pooch doesn't seem too impressed. Suggestion: send a pic of the car to Bad Chad. He could learn from zz's Packard and your car.
Reply With Quote
  #3150  
Old 10-31-2021, 03:09 PM
Torchie's Avatar
Torchie Torchie is offline
Rusty Rat Rodder
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Northern Michigan
Posts: 8,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob w View Post
Torchie, you have achieved "The Look". Gene Winfield would give you two thumbs up. Although your pooch doesn't seem too impressed. Suggestion: send a pic of the car to Bad Chad. He could learn from zz's Packard and your car.
Thanks gang😎
bob.
Our friend Chad has been getting it kind of rough lately. I see he spent an entire episode defending him self and his builds . I felt bad for the guy.......
He doesnít need me and ZZ piled on top.🙀
Iím happy with the overall looks of the car.
Iím not happy with my lack of progress.
Iím going to order another 4x8 of 18 gauge tomorrow. Once that gets here itís back to the floor.
Torchie.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Rat Rods Rule Inc.