Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Undead Sleds / Rat Rods Rule - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Sleepers, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > Please Introduce Yourself!

Please Introduce Yourself! Let us know a little about yourself, what you're up to & how you found us? We like to know who we're talking to!

Old 10-30-2015, 09:21 AM

Cool New guy here!

Hey my name is cameron. Ive been trying to find a car that runs so I can go hang out with friends and what not. But I didnt just wanna be stuck with some POS that I got second hand. I believe a car should be a part of you. It should show others who you are. It should reflect your personality perfectly. Well some digging around with my ol man and him and I have come to a conclusion that a rat rod would encompass all of me and leave nothing out that I want. I love the generation of cars. I love the ingenuity and original art work that is rat rodding. So im here to learn everything I can.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:47 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

welcome to rrr, from bama.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:07 AM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Welcome to the site
There's a bunch of good builders on here and all the help you could possibly want.
Old 10-30-2015, 10:28 AM
I tell you... I get no respect!

Howdy and welcome
Old 10-30-2015, 03:56 PM

Thanks Everyone. Everybody seems real nice. Ive been reading and reading thread after thread trying to learn what I can. The ol man and I are looking for a daily driver and once I get some money saved up im looking at getting a 52 chevy and importing some 39 front fenders and kinda merging it to look like something like this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c2679e60b8dcba775a69e56165740f30.jpg (4.9 KB, 22 views)
Old 10-30-2015, 04:51 PM
He's rockin' the "Nuttin Special"!

Welcome from Flawda! Lots of builds and people with enough knowledge to figure anything out. If ya get stumped just ask, somebody here can give you an answer,or maybe 3...
Old 10-30-2015, 06:00 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

Welcome to the best car site on the web.
Old 10-30-2015, 09:03 PM
Crusty Rusty Old Rat Rodder!

Welcome to RRR from Ky!
Old 10-30-2015, 09:59 PM
Rusty Rat Rodder

welcome from OKLA. Glad you found a place to hang out. Lots of good people here. learn on.......
Old 10-31-2015, 12:14 PM
Brother Rat

Welcome to RRR!

A couple things worth knowing when looking for a project: It can be hard/expensive to get a title if it doesn't have one (check your state). Curved windshield glass is very expensive to cut if you chop the top (like on a 52 Chevy sedan). Curved side or rear glass is generally tempered and can not be cut at all. Flat glass is fairly cheap to have cut new. Frame swaps are no easier or cheaper than fixing what's there.

And finally, not to kill your enthusiasm, but the reality is getting anything close to that picture (which I like) from a 52 Chevy would be a hard long painful journey. Just the difference in widths at the firewall would be a major hurdle.

Since your a young guy with, I'm guessing, limited cash flow, get that 52, get it running good, lower it, put some cool caps on it, pimp the interior, and if you can slide it past Dad, flame throwers - that'll should keep you busy and in trouble for a little while.