Carb gaskets

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hollow65

So with my current work load my truck sits for weeks without being fired up. I get home late and its noisey and I try not to **** off the neighbors. Seems like every 6 weeks I'm replacing float bowl gaskets. What gaskets if any are there that stand up to today's crappy fuel? Or do I say to hell with my neighbors and start a blower powered beater at 9:00pm.? The carbs aren't warped or any wierd crap, it's just the crap fuel sitting for 2 weeks plus.
Thanks guys in advance.
James

I don't know about gaskets but with bikes shut off the fuel and run it dry. If your running a blower you might have a shut off on it [S
Just a thought

I do cut the pump and let it run out. It never gets totally dry though, oh well more gaskets tomorrow. Too tired today.

What kind of carb, Holley? If it is, you might look into those non stick gaskets they make. Not sure what they are made of, but you can take the bowls off without them sticking, so they probably will stand up for longer.

Latest posts

Back