Bare metal body

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THEJAY76

I'm thinking about wire wheeling ( or soda blasting ) my 47 Fargo cab and box and splashing on a few coats of clear for the bare metal look. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this. The only thing I'm worried about is what it will look like a few years from now. Any advice out there?

Hi and welcome to RRR from northern Alberta, Grande Prairie to be exact.
You really haven't got a dilemma, the way I see it, on clear-coating bare metal. In four or five years, IF there is any problems you can soda blast it again and try another finish or the same one. Don't let 'worrying about the future' stop you from building a hotrod. Go for it!
Oh, and many pictures in the build section.

I'm thinking about wire wheeling ( or soda blasting ) my 47 Fargo cab and box and splashing on a few coats of clear for the bare metal look. I'm wondering if anyone out there has any experience with this. The only thing I'm worried about is what it will look like a few years from now. Any advice out there?

Welcome Jay , A regular clear over bare metal could show "spider web
" rust in a couple of years , a look this site could appreciate , however if you want to keep the look I hear they make an EPOXY clear and as epoxy is usually the first step over a bare metal paint job this may work . POR-15 is supposed to have something ..

Oldog

Welcome to the triple R, love to see some photos! Also love the clear coated bare naked look! [dr

Zipper

Latest posts

Back