Sears Tool Sale

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blue Eyes, I was thinking the same thing .. they dont even feel good in your hand no more .. ruff edges , ruff clicking on the ratchets . our store dont even swap you out with the ratchets , they make you mail them in and wait for it .. chitty !!!!!!!!!!!

After looking closer,this socket set is made in China. The paper-work inside says made in USA. So I guess just the paper-work was made + printed in USA.

yep I heard they were all from china now ,, either assembled or made in china,, at one time that was the tool to have ,, not so much now . The 1/4 in. ratchets dont hold up to good for sure ..The store man would rebuild them while you wait .. after about 3 trips in I told him I wanted a new one not rebuilt ,,, he said they had to build them couldnt trade it in ,,, I think it may have just been the owner ??????????? He dont run the store now he moved on somewhere else..

As long as an average union worker makes five times what I do.
It's no wonder that I am forced to buy off shore.
Calling me anti American don't work
My wallet runs this household
Not the flag

Not looking to start a debate, but highly disagreed with you there. You're not forced to do anything. It's simply a matter of satisfying your wants or stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. What we do with our wallets, our patronage and our votes will play a big part not just in our households, but in the future of the country that flag represents...

If I used them in a business
I would buy American
Tax write offs.
But I can't afford that homegrown welfare philosophy.
I don't want to fight with any of my friends here either.
If I see an old tool at a yard sale or pawnshop I try to get it

Not looking to start a debate, but highly disagreed with you there. You're not forced to do anything. It's simply a matter of satisfying your wants or stepping back and looking at the bigger picture. What we do with our wallets, our patronage and our votes will play a big part not just in our households, but in the future of the country that flag represents...

It's the difference between a tool
And a tool along with a weeks worth of groceries

I really hate to see all the old USA company"s going to China and or Mexico. I used to drive OTR and I saw a lot of factory"s close.It sux. I watched a show on you-tube about China factory"s and it is sad the way those people live.Some times they live at the factory and work for 20 dollars a week. Nobody can compete with that kind of low wage. Plus all the rules and laws and stuff we have here.

Sears is ready to fold, you can say you heard it here first. They have been non existent for years now, and have lost their focus. Their tools suck any more, the chrome peels off as soon as you bump the tool and they give you some rebuilt tool instead of handing you a brand new replacement.

I went into Sears about a month ago to buy some Dockers and there were 3 cars in the parking lot, one of them mine. I went there again last week to fill out some missing sockets and stuff from my tool box, and there were maybe 7 cars in the whole lot.

The employees are rude and look like they could care less. 2 and 3 of them are always huddled around talking while you try to find someone to help you.

I have a $300 aluminum jack that Dan bought me for a gift a few years ago and it settles down on it's own. I took it back and they said their lifetime warranty is only for HAND TOOLs ! :mad: In the meantime, my HF jack never leaks or settles down.

Like I said, I bet they are not around 5 years from now.

Don

Sears is ready to fold, you can say you heard it here first. They have been non existent for years now, and have lost their focus. Their tools suck any more, the chrome peels off as soon as you bump the tool and they give you some rebuilt tool instead of handing you a brand new replacement.

I went into Sears about a month ago to buy some Dockers and there were 3 cars in the parking lot, one of them mine. I went there again last week to fill out some missing sockets and stuff from my tool box, and there were maybe 7 cars in the whole lot.

The employees are rude and look like they could care less. 2 and 3 of them are always huddled around talking while you try to find someone to help you.

I have a $300 aluminum jack that Dan bought me for a gift a few years ago and it settles down on it's own. I took it back and they said their lifetime warranty is only for HAND TOOLs ! :mad: In the meantime, my HF jack never leaks or settles down.

Like I said, I bet they are not around 5 years from now.

Don
i have noticed that too.
the stores are always deserted.

When Sears and KMart merged, it was two dying companies joining together to make one. Sears has always had their stuff made for them, and for the most part, it was good stuff. Kenmore and Craftsman were as good or better than a lot of the others, now, they have cut corners so much, a lot of the stuff is just re-branded KMart quality stuff. KMart always had cheap Chinese and Japanese made stuff, Sears was mostly USA made. Now, anything USA made is a rarity.

I have some older Craftsman tools I have picked up through the years. My 3/8" Craftsman ratchet has gotten to where you have to watch it, or it will slip and reverse direction on you. I know they won't replace it with one as good, so I have just suffered with it. Today, I bought a replacement at WalMart, a Stanley, made in the USA! Stanley has some imported stuff, but a lot of it is still US made and good quality.

In years past, Craftsman was my tool of choice... lower price, same lifetime warranty and FAR better customer service than Snap-Off or Mac.

"Sold down the river" means different things to different people... but to me, it means...

- We want to make more money for less money.
- We're not interested in service or warranty, because service and warranty costs money.
- Our investors need to make money and lots of it... because we have many investors and their last concern is the worker's place of residence or standard of living.

Quality and quantity sound alike, but quantity makes more money.

I'll close this rant by saying, greed is the great demise. Big business wants larger and larger profits and they don't care how they get it... Craftsman or what have you, they'd rather sell you an inferior product at a "premium price" (the very definition of profit) than a quality product at a reasonable margin.

Just picked up 4 of these for $65 shipped to my door. Yeah, they're made in the 'peoples republic' but most jack stands are nowadays. I like these because they're rated for 8000 lbs as opposed to most rated at 6000 lbs and the little feet add a bit of stability too.

Latest posts

Back