Sheet metal

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

papamike

Has any one here had any problems with Howells sheet metal? I ordered some patch panels on the 15th of this month and paid through pay pal and i havent heard anything since. I have emailed and called several times to see if there was a problem with no response. I dont know if i should file a complaint with pay pal or just give it a little longer. I have got stuff from him before without any problems.[S

That does sound odd. I have had great service from them in the past. Maybe one of our Texas folks knows something. They are in Beaumont...home of Johnny and Edgar Winter, not to mention the Big Bopper, Jr Richards.

You have 45 days to file a claim on a transaction through PayPal, so keep that in mind if you decide to wait a little longer. You should have gotten an order confirmation email from the vendor as well as payment confirmation email from PayPal. If all you recieved was a payment reciept from PayPal and no order confirmation I would contact PayPal and have them follow it up.

They are about 2 1/2 hours away from me. I had no problem with my last order but it just bugs the crap out of me that i got no conformation, receipt or any kind of response at all but the money was sent and pay pal shows they got it. I will give it one more day and take action,sure wish i would have checked up on them its about $400 in parts.:mad: whats the review on Lang's old car parts?

I had a friend who lived there previously and even provided some patterns for stuff when the original owner had it. I needed a back panel for a T touring, called and he sent it up with my friend and trusted me to pay later. Trouble was it didn't fit for crap and I had to pie cut about 16" where it curved to get it bent to the shape of my tub. I called them and they said to beat on the top with a mallet or dead blow..???
I've also helped put it 28-29 lower cowl sections from Howell's and they are pretty crude, no compound curve to them like the originals.

Well i finally recieved my patch panelstoday. By the looks of the tracking numbers he shipped them about an hour after i filed a claim on pay pal. The panels look like they will fit pretty good just by dry fitting them but i got no apology or explanation for anything. I think its a poor way of doing business. Howells just lost a customer.

I have dealt with them and the only positive is they are cheap. That said the parts they make are only about 70% as good as needed. OK for a rat, but i can't imagine guys restoring As could be happy with it.

The customer service or whoever answers the phone are pretty dang surly too. I won't use them again.

Latest posts

Back