Rat Rodder down for a while

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update= November 10, 2013. Today is day 40 post transplant. I am weaker than I ever remember being. I have had fever for the last 3 weeks or more and it just zaps the zip out of me. My last bone marrow biopsy is showing clear as well as shows that my new marrow is now the same as my sister's, the donor. I have several other test and skin biopsy still out pending and have so far been a mystery to the Docs as to what is causing the fevers. At this point, they will have to delay my next chemo until cause of fever is found, or just goes away. Still so much to get worked out and yet still the main concern is the return of the Leukemia.

I want to thank everyone for their continued thoughts and prayers. I also ask that you keep them coming for my family and I.

God bless All,
Kevin

You have endured alot but still hangin in there. I heard you tenn. mountain men were tough, now I believe it....seriously, still prayin for you ..:)

good to hear from you. you and yours are still in my prayers. i hope the doctors figure it out. please keep us posted.

Still with you, my friend. I, too, am glad you are keeping us posted. Been wonderin' how you've been doin'. Any models in the works or plans?

Lynn

Another update. This very well could be the last update I get to make. On day 45 of the transplant we got some preliminary results back on a skin biopsy. It showed positive for leukemia acutes. I have 100s of lesions that have popped out on my skin with the fevers over the last 3 weeks. The problem with it coming to the skin is it has to have an internal source for that to be. They urged me to go home for the weekend because I didn't have to be back until the tomorrow the 19th. I got a call this morn from them asking if I still wanted to keep the appointment for tomorrow. I told them if it was only to hear what to expect and the same thing they were telling me on the phone, no need to make a 200 mile trip. They have decided that more marrow biopsy or lumbar puncture would just be added suffering. I have already had more chemo and radiation than the average bear. At this point I'm not strong enough to take more and it will not help any way. Tomorrow, hospice is coming to the house to take over at this point. I have prayed for healing but, I have also ask the Lord's will be done. I realize it's not over yet and I HAVE NOT GIVEN UP. At the same time, I have been preparing as I have kinda felt like it may turn out like this. I really want to thank all of you that remember my family and I. We still need it very much or more now than ever. Depending on how things go, I may be able to update again. At one time, I had showed my wife how to get on here and give folks an answer if it happens. If she can't, you will eventually figure it out. I hope to see all in a better place someday.

May the Lord bless you all,
Kevin

You are a brave and extraordinary man. And an inspiration to all who have read your posts.
I am so sorry for the way things have unfolded for you.

Are you willing to post your name and address?

Are you willing to post your name and address?

In this day and time, I have nothing for anyone to steal identity or anything like that. However, I do have a wife and kids that I am afraid someone might try to take advantage of. I know most all have good intentions but one never knows any more.

I'm not asking for anything by posting this but, if someone wants to contact us through mail, my work colleagues have been taking care of things like this. The address is =

C/O Kevin SVPropane
P.O. Box 1694
Tracy City, Tn 37387

Kevin,
I've never met you face to face but I feel blessed and humbled by your state of mind and your faith in our all loving God. It takes a heck of a man not to say why me. I will continue to pray for you and your families peace of mind.
God speed brother.

Kevin, What a blessing are all of your posts on the RRR. Your strength thru all of this & your testamony are examples that we do not witness very often. Thanks for sharing your trials, thru them you have touched many here. May the Lord watch over you & your family.

Your Brother in Christ, Rex

Latest posts

Back