Anybody use Pandora?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sam_Fear

Brother Rat
I listen to Pandora a lot anymore. Just curious what others listen to for stations.

I've found, if I rate songs, the station tends to turn to crap sooner, but sometimes I get a seed that makes a station that I actually like every song right off.

Anyone have good seeds for a radio station?

I came across Scott H. Biram. Like or really like every song.

I have a delta blues station. Listen to delbert mcclinton a lot. And I have a station titled "Rockabilly"....its cool.

Lynn

I use Pandora whenever I get the chance to hang around the garage or outdoors grilling when the weather is nice. Have a Bose radio that can be moved around &the computer sends the station to it. Very impressive sound!

There's alot that I don't know about the Pandora station. Thanks Sam for the post. Will look into better use of it.

I listen to Pandora EVERY day! Love their blues selections. I listen to a local station for their morning show, but the commercials drive me nuts. I know that's how they make money. Their show is also podcast and it's a 5 hour show. When they take out the commercials to podcast, it's only 2 1/2 hours long!

Some of my Pandora stations are: James McMurtry, Ray Wylie Hubbard, Chris Knight, Bob Seger, Dire Straits, Delbert McClinton, Bob Marley, John Butler Trio, Paul Kelly, Daniel Lanios, The Pouges and too many more to list. I don't do a lot of rating or refining on my stations......just let them play. It's a great way to get exposed to stuff you've never heard before like you mentioned finding Scott H. Biram.

Like misfit said, I also listen to a lot of stuff on YouTube too. With WIFI HD on our big screen and a kickin' surround system YouTube is on a lot at our house. Lot's of HD videos and lots of full concerts to be had there.

Here's a couple folks for you to check out Sam.....let me know if you like'm

Otis Gibbs (Check out his photography too)
Malcomb Holcomb
Patterson Hood
Dirty River Boys
Lincoln Durham
Slaid Cleaves
Rod Picott

....okay that's more like several folks but I'm bettin' you'll find something you like that you've never heard. :cool:

I have been listening to Pandora a lot in the garage lately. I usually start with some Dire Straits or Rush. I really like the whole Pandora concept, radio station commercials have gotten so out of hand, listening to an ads phone number 3 or 4, sometimes 5 times in one commercial is very aggravating to me, then repeating that commercial 5 or 6 times an hour, and it just took all the fun out of being in the garage!!

Showing my age abit, but one of my all time favs is to get one of the live versions of the Doobie Brothers @ Wolftrap. Truely rock at it's best. Youtube over the computer via the Bose & crank'r up.

i play pandora in the garage through the computer and into the stereo. mostly blues and southern rock. in the truck i have sirius xm and on the bike it's mostly mp3 through my garmin

Yep. You can pick from a huge list of different genre stations, or you can make your own by picking a particular artist, album, or song. Pandora will take that pick and play similar songs and artists. Well, that's the idea at least - sometimes it's not perfect.

Yep. You can pick from a huge list of different genre stations, or you can make your own by picking a particular artist, album, or song. Pandora will take that pick and play similar songs and artists. Well, that's the idea at least - sometimes it's not perfect.

Yep. may not be perfect, but it's a lot better than listening to an FM station full of useless banter and commercials! I love PANDORA!![cl

I listen to Accuradio and Rockabilly. When I try to get into Pandora I get a message that says my free trial has expired. I made a separate account with my work email and still got the same thing.

Latest posts

Back