Hello and thanks for the add

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My name is Rick I'm from bellville tx
I'm looking for some zed frame plans for a 47 ford truck cab
Any help is much appreciated would like to have them on paper if possible easy er for me to read.
agine thanks for the help

Oh I'm not running or using a bed and I'm going to be using a vw ball joint frt end

Welcome, Dirt, to Undead Sleds, from northern Alberta.
I also have a '47 Ford truck to 'hotrod'. I'll be watching yours progress. You can't get any 'Z'ing' wisdom out of me, because I have not done that yet.
Any pictures of your truck?

Welcome to Undead Sleds! Probably not gonna get any plans exactly, but if you ask questions, someone will tell ya what you want to know. Pictures help! We're pretty friendly here, so don't be shy.

vw ball joint frt beam

Has any one used a vw frt beam on there rods and have pics on how to attach it my thought was to Mt it to the inside of the shock towers not much weight is going to be on them since o
I'm running a ford 4 cyl 2.3
also the kick up on the rear of a zeed frame I've seen everything for 10 in at 45 degrees to 16 in on 60 degree
I've tryed to look at a members pic but they don't come up his name is Tusk would like to see some ideas and or pics

Welcome o the site.It may be best to lay out what you have and build from there. When I built my frame I mocked it up out of wood. I used 2x4s with plywood plates on either side of the 2x4s

Thanks Kenny
your kick up on the rear z is it around 16 in and what degree 60 or 22.5
also the frt z I've layed mine out off a set of plans but my rear is only 10 in I don't think that's enough
thanks for the help rick

It's been so long since I did it I can't remember. I think it was 45 degrees. There are pics of it in steel in the thread. I built it to fit the coil overs. I should have mounted the shocks lower on the rear axle so that the rear frame rails didn't have to be as high. I would have ended up with more depth in the bed.

Latest posts

Back