Wide Five spindles on ford straight axle

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin51

I am looking for feedback and suggestions here guys!!!!! I want the rat rod look but I want to do willwood wide five hubs on my build. I was originally going to do IFS but that's not the look I want I want to due possibly a suicide setup with the ford straight axle. I also want to use willwood calipers so I have to try and figure out a way to adapt them to the front. Here are some pictures I found I can get wide five snouts and figure out how to get them on the ford spindles. I am to see if anyone has done this and any feedback possible. Also the reasoning behind all of this is because I have all this stuff sitting in the shop not being used and to be different.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1930 FOR SPINDLE.jpg
    1930 FOR SPINDLE.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 18
  • WIDE FIVE 1.jpg
    WIDE FIVE 1.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 16
  • WIDE FIVE.jpg
    WIDE FIVE.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 16
  • WIL-120-11125_xl.jpg
    WIL-120-11125_xl.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 12
could you cut the ends off the ford axle and weld on ends to fit the willwood hubs. Or you may be able to turn or sleeve the ford spindle to fit the willwood adapter and the plug weld the adapter to the ford spindle. keep in mind you want to keep your wheel offset correct so that the king pin axis intersects the contact patch of the tire close to the cenert of tire.

There is a build thread in here where this is done. Buts pretty old. It's on a fiberglass 1927 model T. Might be able to search for it. I wanna say the thread was called track T or something g like that.

There is a build thread in here where this is done. Buts pretty old. It's on a fiberglass 1927 model T. Might be able to search for it. I wanna say the thread was called track T or something g like that.

Well after about an hour of looking I found it. Thanks for the heads up I PM the guy.

Thanks

I doubt he gets on here anytime soon. I will be by his shop later. If the lights are on I'll stop by and have him get on here. He's a hell of a guy who would help anyone.

That would be greatly appreciated. I hope were talking about the same guy his forum name is oldracer22.

He frequents the hamb more often. You might find him in there quicker.

Hardly ever PORK anymore but tried to find someone over there a couple weeks ago but gave up, it's hell navigating the new version but good luck!

Zipper

Latest posts

Back