lets see the rods with toyota frames under them

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used a ford courier frame.May give you some ideas,Im not sure of the similarities but may help.Check out my build link if you have any Q's just holler.

Attachments

• frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 144
thanks and i will check it out. idk why people knock the toyota frames they are already boxed in and they look good and you cant tell if its a custom frame or not. QUOTE]

I was telling an older guy about my rod today and as soon as I said it was on a courier he damn near turned and walked off he lost interest so fast.But Ill see him again and will be driving it,then he can ki$$ my a$$.LOL

I had this 39 cab and picked up a 78 Datsun B620 truck frame ten years ago for $100. I liked the fact it has disk brakes and I can set the ride hight up or down a couple inches with the torsion bar suspension. Has a 53 Merc setting in it. Its in the back of the barn and I haven't touched it much for the last five years. Too many other projects.

39rat.JPG

nice anyone else want to add to this list???? im def going with the toyota frame on my chrysler. i cant wait to start the build on this but i have another build going on right now but i have some nice parts for the chrysler already and im going for the rat rod look all i need now is front fenders

yota frame

Well I'm glad to see this thread. I have a toyota frame that I wanted to use under my 1926 Dodge sedan. Seeing other projects with this same setup gives hopes that this will work awesome for me.

Attachments

• dodge.JPG
    dodge.JPG
    218.1 KB · Views: 41
I had one under a 36 Dodge truck cab. It looked pretty good, I never was satisfied with the rear spring setup though. It probably would have looked better with coil overs and a four link. I never did finish it, sold it after I got the Lincoln.

Revisiting an old thread; I have an '82 Toyota pickup that I can't seem to sell off. Might just go ahead and part it out and keep the frame for a project. I have some old fenders to cover up the front end, engines and trans, and an old Ford F1 cab. Anyone got advice on this, or pics of a finished rat on a Toyota frame? Would be interested in seeing them. :)

Last edited:
Not Toyota, but I've used a lot of Mitsubichy Dodge D 50 frames from the 80s.

They are a lot of work to strip off all the attached stuff, but the rails narrow and kick up nicely in the front, and I just chop the rear part off and do the sq tube thing, or weld in a sub frame rear like T birds or Toyotas. Heres a few examples.

Attachments

• rimroller%20004.jpg
    rimroller%20004.jpg
    151 KB · Views: 57
  • rimroller%20037.jpg
    rimroller%20037.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Disc1_012PA%27sNewRatNearMarkMartinFord.jpg
    Disc1_012PA%27sNewRatNearMarkMartinFord.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 47
  • rimroller 013.jpg
    rimroller 013.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 45
  • rimroller 045.jpg
    rimroller 045.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 37
Not Toyota, but I've used a lot of Mitsubichy Dodge D 50 frames from the 80s.

They are a lot of work to strip off all the attached stuff, but the rails narrow and kick up nicely in the front, and I just chop the rear part off and do the sq tube thing, or weld in a sub frame rear like T birds or Toyotas. Heres a few examples.

hey buddy. how you been?

Doing good. These folks here have always been real people, and since I retired recently, thought I'd visit a little bit. The glass 26 of Lindas burned up in a shop fire year or two back, and I recently snagged a Speedway body so thought I'd do a light, quicky build with some parts I have laying around. I'm kinda stuck in a seemingly never ending home remodel, and need to think about fun stuff. Did you move to Texas? I thought you were in Mississippi/ Alabama?

still in bama, i going home for thanksgiving. i'm going to your fire thread, i don't want to hijack this thread no more.

Latest posts

Back