S10 Fram Question

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here is a pic of the s10 actually not in to bad of shape

Attachments

• o_273706a389e52b241781aa33a8249786.jpg
    o_273706a389e52b241781aa33a8249786.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 20
Ha ha ha thats funny I hope that this truck works because where i am from it is hard to find trucks like this i just happen to come across it.

Yankee Thats kind of why i was looking at this S10 since it is all complete I wanted to make sure it was possible to do what i was thinking to do. All the tweaks i can figure out when the time comes. I just wanted to make sure that spending my 800 dollars i was actually going to get a s10 frame that i could use . I just dont want to waste my money if everyone it telling me not to do it because it for sure wont work then i wont do it. Since this is my first rat i wanted to start with something that had everything. I didnt want to build a frame for my self or drop 3k on a pre made frame since it is my first one
Getting a complete vehicle is good for many reasons. You seem to know them. I am running an S10 under my 39 Ford PU. The difference is that I am going full fenders so nobody has to look at that UGLY suspension. If you have the fenders and all, consider a two wheel drive S10 or Ranger, and run it with the fenders. It will be a good project making it all work. Then you will have some experience under your belt, and you will be forever addicted to this game. Your NEXT project will be the one that looks more like the pic you posted, and it will be even more fun to build.

Final comment: The S10 4x4 chassis is a PITA to work with. You pretty much can't lower it. Converting it to two-wheel drive is another PITA. A $1000 two wheel drive unit will be cheaper in the end.

Latest posts

Back