Chevy front disc and mustang rear disc

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TruckRat

Okay, I hope some one can help me. I called ECI about shipping on their disc brake conversion basic kit for my build. Then I told them I had a mustang disc brake rear end and was going to get the conversion kit for a 40 Chevy truck and ask what kind of master cylinder I need. Bore size and so forth. He pretty much tells me they won't work together and that I should find a drum rear end or see if I could find a ford caliper conversion kit. I know people use 9" rear ends and ford rear ends all the time. He also said that I would have to use a brake booster. Is there a way to make this work? Maybe power booster and adjustable valve? Or do I need to find another rear end?
What I have ...
95 mustang gt disc rear end and going to have the conversion front kit with Chevy Camaro rotors and calipers.

try other companies

The M cyl must have enough volumn for the calipers and a non power can work with the right size M cyl and pedal ratio. also a 2 master cyl setup with and adjustable balance bar. Like the original 427 Cobra used, Non Power

I've got Mustang II front discs and an 8.8 Mustang rear with disc brakes in the Renault I'm building. Gonna try it with a non power disc/drum master cylinder that I have. You know the old saying, "If it doesn't work, try something else".

These setups will work.

1" master cylinder for manual brakes
Manual brake pedal ratio as close to 7 to 1 as you can get.

1 1/8" master cylinder for power brakes.
Power brake pedal ratio 6 to 1 and it's not as critical as manual brakes.

Thanks for the info guys. I talked to a friend of mine and he said the same thing. Said he has used on Chevy ford and mopar with the same setups as mentioned and never had a problem. That's a relief. I went ahead and ordered the basic conversion kit last night. Will order the rest of the stuff when I get the basic kit in. Again thanks for the info!

Latest posts

Back