baileigh throatless shear at Cornfield Customs

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

i ordered this shear from Shane on Wednesday of this week and it got to the shop today. to tell you the truth i was a little worried about the overall quality on the shear before i ordered it. not because of the brand but more of the price range. i have used the HF shear and the eastwood shear, which are comparable in price. This shear is beyond excellent!! everything is solid and smooth. no side to side play in the shear like the the HF and eastwood. The blades/ knives were sharp and alined out of the box. to me this shear is just as good as a Beverly B-2 shear at a fraction of the price. i highly recommend this to anyone in the market for one!!! here are some pics of it bolted to my fab table, and cutting some 16 gauge aluminum scraps

DSCN6729_zpse44a3e4e.jpg

DSCN6730_zps65166084.jpg

DSCN6731_zps91924206.jpg

thanks Shane, and Baileigh

So, who else ordered one of these back then? Still happy?

I am looking to get a throatless shear , but I`m somewhat hesitant to bite the bullit... I ve had some bad "knock off" experiences in the past and I`m leaning towards purchasing a new Beverly B1. I never buy stuff like this used unless I can see it in person first.
One issue, I`m on the non Beverly side of the globe. I found the new B1 sells for around $560, shipping & taxes not included. not sure how much that will ad, but I`m guessing about $200.
The Baileigh MPS-1 is available through a German dealership for $295 and shipping is cheap, no import taxes either. I`ve scrapped brand new Chinesium based tools before, sooo... any input?

I would be using it on a daily basis.

Latest posts

Back