Hot Rod Drag Week

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

05snopro440

Does anyone else follow Hot Rod Drag Week? The 2019 Edition was last week, where the cars had to drive a total of around 800 miles while making passes at different drag strips for 5 days.

The had a live feed, and the replays are available on the Motor Trend Channel on Youtube. It's a separate video for each day 1 through 5 and easy to find.

Though there were lots of class records broken and lots of cool stuff happening, the big news was Tom Bailey. After securing the overall win for the week and winning the Unlimited class, he was the last car down the track in official competition and ran the first official 5-second pass of Hot Rod Drag Week ever. After driving 800 miles towing a trailer in what is essentially a street legal pro mod. 5.998 at 150 MPH!!!

You can read about Bailey's pass and Hot Rod Drag Week here, and there's video of the pass:

Hot Rod Drag Week Results
Tom Bailey Runs 5.99 at Drag Week

69834749_140078143886531_4180029502673042766_n.jpg

It was a pretty good week. Cannot believe a car that can be road worthy for as many miles as they put on them also can run a 5.99. Amazing.

I agree that's quit an accomplishment. [cl

I am wondering in what world is that a street legal car, I need to live there:D

Latest posts

Back