Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
FastFaroffFantail-size_restricted.gif

time for another contest

I have a good picture for a caption contest but can't think of a good prize.
Tin signs are good but not seeing any now that i think would appeal to the board. Open to suggestions for any kind of prize to offer for under $50. :confused:

Hand painted doors look cool

The desire to find an authentic paint job with a weathered patina look is a strong one. Finding a real vintage shop truck with period-original door lettering is extremely rare. This has led to talented artists using the tools and techniques that sign painters have used for years to recreate the look and feel of vintage lettering and graphics. We’ve talked about paint and faux patina here on Rat Rods Rule before., you have to appreciate the fact that there are people keeping the art alive. take a look at some examples.

One of the most common door treatments is an auto mechanic or hot rod shop advertising. They are typically made up names or known brands that make a classic pickup into an instant vintage parts-getter. If the paintwork is good enough, the door lettering will blend with the patina of the paint job and you’d be hard-pressed to tell if it was authentic or not.

l may have my letterer/pinstriper "age" SHOTROD on the doors of the (eventuality) finished 5Oish chevy truck.

Later :cool:

Attachments

• Rat-Rod-Door-Art-1.jpg
    Rat-Rod-Door-Art-1.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Rat-Rod-Door-Art-3.jpg
    Rat-Rod-Door-Art-3.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 26
  • Rat-Rod-Door-Art-2.jpg
    Rat-Rod-Door-Art-2.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 24
  • Rat-Rod-Door-Art-4.jpg
    Rat-Rod-Door-Art-4.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 22
  • Rat-Rod-Door-Art-5.jpg
    Rat-Rod-Door-Art-5.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 22
The desire to find an authentic paint job with a weathered patina look is a strong one. Finding a real vintage shop truck with period-original door lettering is extremely rare. This has led to talented artists using the tools and techniques that sign painters have used for years to recreate the look and feel of vintage lettering and graphics. We’ve talked about paint and faux patina here on Rat Rods Rule before., you have to appreciate the fact that there are people keeping the art alive. take a look at some examples.

One of the most common door treatments is an auto mechanic or hot rod shop advertising. They are typically made up names or known brands that make a classic pickup into an instant vintage parts-getter. If the paintwork is good enough, the door lettering will blend with the patina of the paint job and you’d be hard-pressed to tell if it was authentic or not.

l may have my letterer/pinstriper "age" SHOTROD on the doors of the (eventuality) finished 5Oish chevy truck.

Later :cool:

At a show on the weekend, everyone sits around town watching cars drive around most of the weekend. If I had a dollar for everyone I heard reading my door art out loud, I wouldn't have to work. Out of 700+ cars at the show, I could count on one hand the number that had door art this year.

Some years there are tons, but not this year.

Latest posts

Back