the Sinister T- 5 day build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bonehead

Skull Master
So my brother retires this year. He lives in Florida, and I live in Colorado. We decided about 6 months ago that we should build him a hotrod. So for the past 6 months he has been buying parts and shipping them to me. He decided he wanted a T Bucket. I have always wanted to build one, so we were off on an adventure. Parts started showing up, and UPS was beating a path to my shop door. Then a fiberglass bucket body showed up that was smashed to smithereens. So I refused shipment and sent it back. And then another one showed up that only had a small crack in it. I took that one. The body is longer and wider than a steel bucket, and will work well with what we had in mind. So then my brother sets a date. He will fly in and work for a week with me in the shop, then drive up in a few months and pick it up. Originally we had 6 work days, but it turned out we only got 5 days in. We put in a lot of hours, and did not sleep much, and had a great time. The first thing we did was put the front end together. He is using a Helix front end, and it had no instructions, but if it would have, they would have been in Chinese. Overall a pretty good kit, with several boxes of parts.
ht5vr6.jpg

We started by laying out the major parts on the floor, and measuring engine, trans lengths, and Wheel base choices, the back tires at 33x12.50 15 Firestones, on steel wheels for baby moons.
102p4rm.jpg

I started welding up a chassis, 24 inches wide on the inside, with parallel rails, and tons of Z for the front and back. 2x3 by 3/16ths was the metal of choice.
140bsli.jpg

we went out in my boneyard, and found a 1923 model T frame, and cut out the rear cross member to use in this build. We mounted up some coil overs, on some custom brackets, we put a front spring perch in, and had a rolling chassis in the middle of the 4th day. We also put in motor mounts, and a tranny mount too.
30dl7hj.jpg

2rz4but.jpg

So now we wait until my Brother comes back up with a trailer to put in the steering box, and a couple of brackets, and send him off to Florida, where a crate 383 is already waiting.
j76ejm.jpg

1zv5or6.jpg

Wowsers!!! From the look of those welds you would think you were a professional welder or something... haha! [dr[dr[dr

BoB

really like the shapes you guys have put into this rear frame work !! and the scalloped front rail ends,,

nice work to you both !!!!!

Attachments

• 53te2d.jpg
    53te2d.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back