Gor her in the barn, didnt get her from a barn...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

super56

Well, got the 66 Mustang home yesterday. She didnt want to start at the other guys house so I brought her home, put her on the charger for a while and tryed starting. All I got was starter buzz, awe crap:(... So I took the bat-tree out of the 56 Buick, poured a lil gas down the carb[;) and she fired right up[cl! Even took it for a ride. Not bad for a days work!

Attachments

• mustang7.jpg
    mustang7.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 55
  • mustang11.jpg
    mustang11.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 52
  • mustang10.jpg
    mustang10.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 52
  • mustang6.jpg
    mustang6.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 59
Still workin on the Pontiac. Never had to do anything with a 6 volt system before so Im a little lost[S... I have a 6v-12v charger but I cant get the stupid thing to even light up. Does this mean its dead? Any suggestions? Is it one of those I go get acid and put it in it?
Have to pinch myself every time I look at her though...[dr

Attachments

• pontiac5.jpg
    pontiac5.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 32
  • pontiac9.jpg
    pontiac9.jpg
    132.5 KB · Views: 32
  • pontiac6.jpg
    pontiac6.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 28
  • pontiac3.jpg
    pontiac3.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 30
and more of the 49

Attachments

• pontiac10.jpg
    pontiac10.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 22
  • pontiac12.jpg
    pontiac12.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 21
  • pontiac 011.jpg
    pontiac 011.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 25
  • pontiac 013.jpg
    pontiac 013.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 28
Oh boy do you have some sweet fun with those finds looking good[cl

are you planning on painting the stang? my wife loves that little car and she doesn't believe how you got them, I've tried telling her a few times that how I picked up some stuff before:rolleyes:

Oh boy do you have some sweet fun with those finds looking good[cl

are you planning on painting the stang? my wife loves that little car and she doesn't believe how you got them, I've tried telling her a few times that how I picked up some stuff before:rolleyes:

Well, upon further inspection of the stang, its not as original as thought. Im not sure about the motor but I believe it was a automatic.
The floor is cut out perty ugly where the 4 speed is now. I did find the the heater had been replaced with a modern unit, it works good[cl. Probably not going to paint it, not sure yet. Might just leave it like it is and haul her to the track to see what shes got[dr. Got a modern fusebox in it as well. I think it was used on the weekends and forgot about during the week, what a shame...:(

Its all true, 46FORD$PU's wife!

Nice 'stang. Like the notch-backs. Also,you have a cool Poncho. Had a 54 a while back. Loved that car and miss it terribly. That car drove just great and you'll be happy with that straight-8/hydramatic. Have fun...

nice 'Stang there. But it looks like I see a scratch in the paint just behind the driver's side door. You'll prolly wanna get that looked at. :p

Got em out and cleaned em up this weekend

Attachments

• craig 011.jpg
    craig 011.jpg
    131.2 KB · Views: 14
  • craig 014.jpg
    craig 014.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 12
  • craig 021.jpg
    craig 021.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 14
  • craig 024.jpg
    craig 024.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 13
Years ago I rewired a 50 Pontiac for a buddy of mine, it had a swapped in 347 Pontiac V8. When I was done the only thing he was concerned about was that the indian hood ornament would light up..........it did. :D

Don

Years ago I rewired a 50 Pontiac for a buddy of mine, it had a swapped in 347 Pontiac V8. When I was done the only thing he was concerned about was that the indian hood ornament would light up..........it did. :D

Don

I havent bought a new 6 volt for the Pontiac but I cant wait to see Ole' Chief light up!

Latest posts

Back