Dream Muscle Car?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell Yeah

There's a clean 66 Chevelle parked next to my 29 Model A Tudor sedan in my shop...

Attachments

• Side[1].jpg
    Side[1].jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Well....I've watched this thread for a while now, and decided I need to add my two cents. Like many of you have said, I really can't narrow it down to just one, but my list would include: 1969 Hemi Superbird or Daytona; 1969 COPO Aluminum block 427 Camaro; 1969 Chevelle; Buick Grand National (Turbo charged V6); I'd be remiss if I didn't include a 1963 /1964 Studebaker Paxton supercharged Daytona; BUT...the one car that I've always loved and have owned the body style...just not the real thing.....1966 / 1967 Nova L79 (350 horse 327, 4 speed, 4:11 posi rear)

Here's the last one I owned

Nova.jpg

One I would like to build one day (only because you'd never have gotten it from the factory)...a 1964 -1966 Ford Mustang fastback (just love the body style), but it would have to have a the complete underpinnings from a newer Corvette (suspension, motor, 6 speed)

My choice!

American muscle: 1964 427 4-speed stripper Galaxie (2-4's)
Foreign muscle: Ferrarri Datoyna Spyder

BF

Can I add Mine would take either one but any GTO would suffice

Attachments

• DSC00695.jpg
    DSC00695.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC00714.jpg
    DSC00714.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 21
Holy Crapoly! I like your Monte too!!!

I'll take '70 Buick GSX 455 stage1 in Saturn Yellow or a 691/2 Roadrunner in Hemi orange or a '70 SS 454 Chevelle, red w/ black stripes or '61 Starliner 406 w/ three holleys or '69 Trans Am or AMC SC Rambler or any hemi car or,or,or............................. but I do like my '70 Bee.

Like a lot of you guys I have owned my share of hot rods and street rods. I’ve had Mopar, Ford, Chevy and even one AMC but the one car I would like to have back was a simple little 1966 Ford Fairlane 500 with a 289.

Attachments

• 66 Ford Fairlane.jpg
    66 Ford Fairlane.jpg
    123.6 KB · Views: 16
For me an original ACE cobra 427, I saw them as a child at the California state fairgrounds in the early to mid 60's. They ran autocross out there when the fair wasn't running, and there they were Cobra's running pylon's, to this day I'll never forget the rumble from those side oilers and the way they'd throw the rubber hose timing line they'd use when it passed over it and positively scream like a banshee into the straight a way. I know they're kinda quirky, you sit with your feet off to one side and the new chassis's are more solid, but I tell ya, that's my dream muscle car. [dr[dr

dsc00004_it.jpg

Ps: While your at it, please put a 1958 tobacco top Les Paul all original in the passenger seat.. :)

Regards,

Reverend D.

Last edited:
After bustin my chops for a couple of weeks now trying to find an old street rod to build, my wife finally spoke up and said we needed to build a muscle car instead...a lady after my own heart! That is pretty much permission to find a muscle car era vehicle I think! So, now we are keeping an eye out in Wheeler Dealer, eBay, the paper, along the road, back yards, etc...

I graduated high school in 1985 and went into the Navy. I actually recruited 13 of my friends to go in as well, which earned me an E-4 before I even stepped off the bus at Basic Training. A buddy of mine and myself dreamed and talked all through basic training that we were going to buy 1985 Chevy IROC Z-28 Camaro's, since that was the year we graduated high school and joined the Navy. Needless to say, neither of us have done that yet, but that is one of my dream machines, with T-Tops of course! I could put an endless list together here of the muscle cars I would like to own.

this is my 1968 ss camaro i sold about 3 months ago.sad day indeed:(

Attachments

• DSC01499.JPG
    DSC01499.JPG
    75.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 100E0773.JPG
    100E0773.JPG
    118.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 1st rasc.jpg
    1st rasc.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 21
  • DSC01507.jpg
    DSC01507.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 20
my dream muscle car , is the first real muscle car 1957 plymouth fury with a 392 hemi...2 fours with long ram intake
The muscle movement really started with the 55 Chrysler 300-D with the 354 hemi...... and no long ram intake manifolds for any of the hemi's, those came later on the wedge head engines after Chrysler killed off the Hemispherical Headed first gen engine series due to manafacturing and tooling costs......

:D

then the Nascar HP wars started and the design team was set free to unleash the beast....[ddd

A few years ago, this was my daily driver/only car. I bought and installed a 330hp Vortec crate motor in it. It was a real deal no clone 73 RS Z/28. Sold it to a guy who left a note on it at my work.

Attachments

• z28.jpg
    z28.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 18
I've had a bunch of cars over the years. (a little over 80 at last count) I have my favorite, a 1968 Chevelle. This has been the elusive "Unicorn" that Nick Cage spoke of in "Gone in 60 seconds". For whatever reason, my whole life I always wanted one, but could never lay my hands on one. I finally got it and it will be for sale when I'm dead. No sooner.

A close second would be a '69 or '70 Hemi Charger. I sold a very nice '70 back in 1991. I wish I never did that. :(

Latest posts

Back