It has began! 54 International Harvester Bobber build.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit the semi salvage yard today. Made off with some kool stuff for the IH. My boy found the placard holder thats kool. We had a time gettin it off the semi but well worth it. Also got an international script emblem, two handles and the rear trailor hookup plugins!
Nice additions to the project! Enjoy. RR:D

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 13
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 10
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 11
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 11
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 11
Heres the others! RR:D

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 49
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 50
Ask a old farmer how comfy those seats are. Some of those guys sat in em sun up to sun down in the field, I'm sure you're butt can handle 'em for a ride or two.

What's the plan with the airlines? You planning on a 5th wheel? [S

Okay.

There to high but heres the pipes settin on the ole Binder!

Also got one with the ole farmall seat in it. It needs fabbed up some and made lower but looks kool in it. Got a neat idea Im workin on for the back rest to. Had a lot of no comort comments on em, but hey...Its about rattin it right??;)

And heres my 4 link setup to. Were keeping in tradition to the IH theme by going big here to. 1 1/2 inch round tubes and massive heim joints. Its gettin welded up Saturday if all goes as planned.:D

More to follow. RR
Pipes r cool.just ( Imo) could step up 2 dia. But (jimo) seats r cool and you ll love them buddy has bar stool like that and you never wanna get up from them !

Cool find Rod!
Sign placard is dead on the scary idea of yours![ddev LOL!
I got some things done but not installed or welded for the 4-link!
Was pre occupied fixing my demolition derby wagon and 29 sedan!:( LOL!
And YES Sam Fear, there will be a 5th wheel! I am making one from aluminum that is actually hollow and will be the fuel cell!The air lines might be used to air up horns!:eek:
I'll be hammering on it soon and posting pics of progress![P

LOL

Yea the whole ryde should be a real turner wen its done!

Slowly gettin all the parts gathered up but its fun lookin.:D

Thanks for the comments all. RR

Oh, no...
None of those pictures are mine. I just saw the joint he had & knew there were a lot of bigger ones out there because I'm a recovering 4x4 web fabricator.
(My rehab has been developing a rat rod web fabrication addiction)
:-D
-Chaz

Yea that makes mine look tiny. Although it would look kool it would be heavy as a tank wen it was done. lol RR:D

A few pics of my model thats gonna pose on my rat wen its done.:D

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 197
This thing is gonna be over the top cool! I don't know if you cut the stacks down yet, but it might be pretty cool to leave em that high, kinda goes with the theme IMO unless they are taller than it looks in the picture and won't fit in the garage or something like that. Keep up the great work I will be following along.

Mac.

Thanks Mac.

Still up in the air on the pipes. Were gonna see how they look in different heighths. Should be ready by next summer. Heres a pic my youngest girl done up for me.:D RR

Attachments

• RatrodEdit1.jpg
    RatrodEdit1.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 91
Naw. Too high, unless you want it to look like a rabbit. Put the outlet about head high and facing out so when you're in traffic next to an Excursion or the like it's blowing right into their window. :D:D

Where'd ya find the sexy model? ;)

Yea I like that idea. No more listening to loud cop killer rap! LOL I married that model in November.:D RR

OK. Heres my pipes set a ittle lower. Still need shortened another 6-10 inches but Its gettin there and I was just playin around, Heres the exhuast shields to. There from an old military duece and a half. RR:D

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 86
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 81
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 84
Well heres wat the foundation for the Trailing arms are gonna be. Not sure the exact workings or plans Mr Gussett has for this but Im sure likin the way the mad vacationing Metal scientist is heading with it. [P:D RR

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 94
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 95

Latest posts

Back